Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow managed to get an iPad 2 today. 16GB black 3g ATT version. Enjoy the pics.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Very nice...your thoughts on it J? I want one! :)

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Wooh! Lucky! I was in AT&T last night and they were talking about how here in Pittsburgh, out of the whole 40 some AT&T store only 3 stores had them and each had only 5 ipad2 and of course they were sold out!! During my 20 minutes in the store, 3~4 ppl stopped by looking for one and left in disappointment.

How do you like it so far??

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Congrats man... I guess.

I would have been much more impressed/happier if it were a Xoom :|

I'm all about Android.

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice...your thoughts on it J? I want one! :)
I actually really like it. very very thin, easy to use, and its a lot different from the iphone 4. I used to think that the ipad was just a huge iphone, but things like calendar, email, safari, are different cause you have so much screen real estate. The speaker is really clear so movie viewing on netflix is really nice. Also that smart cover is pretty neat as well.

Wooh! Lucky! I was in AT&T last night and they were talking about how here in Pittsburgh, out of the whole 40 some AT&T store only 3 stores had them and each had only 5 ipad2 and of course they were sold out!! During my 20 minutes in the store, 3~4 ppl stopped by looking for one and left in disappointment.

How do you like it so far??
I first went to Target and they said they only had 5. I left all disappointed and stopped by an ATT store on the way home. They said they received 3 total and they had 1 left. I told myself it must have been my lucky day. No lines or people at all. So i had to wait about 30 minutes until 5:00 and bought it. So far I like everything except the cameras on it. The cameras work but they aren't nice looking.

Congrats man... I guess.

I would have been much more impressed/happier if it were a Xoom :|

I'm all about Android.
Honestly, I wish the xoom was better than the ipad so I could have gotten it. I'm not a fan of either android or iOS, but I just don't think the xoom is there yet and I'm not going to buy an inferior product for the same amount of money. The ips-led display on the ipad looked alot nicer than the xoom's tft display, although the xoom's screen was a little bit bigger. After messing around with the xoom, i noticed that the viewing angles suck and you have a hard time seeing when theres alot of light. How the screen performed was really important to me so I opted for the ipad. Also, I didn't like that in order to get the 600 dollar price on the xoom, you had to sign up for a data plan, while the ipad 2 is unlocked in the sense that you buy it and can activate whatever you want later on.

I'm a fan of android and competition in general, but I don't think the xoom is there yet. The ipad 2 is just more refined and I think a lot of people are gona look at the 800 price tag on the xoom and say "For the money, i'll just buy the cheaper ipad"

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Honestly, I wish the xoom was better than the ipad so I could have gotten it. I'm not a fan of either android or iOS, but I just don't think the xoom is there yet and I'm not going to buy an inferior product for the same amount of money. The ips-led display on the ipad looked alot nicer than the xoom's tft display, although the xoom's screen was a little bit bigger. After messing around with the xoom, i noticed that the viewing angles suck and you have a hard time seeing when theres alot of light. How the screen performed was really important to me so I opted for the ipad. Also, I didn't like that in order to get the 600 dollar price on the xoom, you had to sign up for a data plan, while the ipad 2 is unlocked in the sense that you buy it and can activate whatever you want later on.

I'm a fan of android and competition in general, but I don't think the xoom is there yet. The ipad 2 is just more refined and I think a lot of people are gona look at the 800 price tag on the xoom and say "For the money, i'll just buy the cheaper ipad"
Yeah, I'm bummed that the Xoom is more than the Ipad 2 and isn't really better. The fact that the Xoom can play flash has put it above the Ipad2 for me but the graphics in the Ipad (according to Engadget) just blows the Xoom away. I've always been pro PC, but I have to admit that Apple has done a good job with its tablet.

The tablets are a cool leisure toy so I'm waiting for them to drop in price. I can see where Carbon doesn't see the point, because it doesn't have have too much of a practical one (over laptops and smart phones) for most people. But as somewhat of a tech guy they are cool.

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont see the point of an iPad.
+1. fashion accessory?
+1 i dont see the point either. just a bigger iphone? that cannot make calls? lol

edit: just read zhieson's post. =P
Have you guys ever played with one? I think its hard to knock a product if you haven't given it a fair chance. I don't think I'd buy one for myself, but my dad is in need of a simple internet browser and mail device so I thought I'd get one for him. By subscribing to a data plan, he doesn't need to buy cable/dsl internet at home so I think it would be really convenient for him. Its pretty hard to describe why you'd want one until you sat down and played with one for a bit.

Lastly, I figured that if he doesn't like it, he could always sell it in Korea cause they always get apple products late. The iphone 4 sold for almost double what it was worth in the states, so who knows what the ipad 2 will sell for.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
I'm not knocking your decision to buy one but, if you bought it for your dad, why not save some cash and buy the 1st gen at reduced pricing?

On practicality; I like the idea of tablets, being a tech junkie but, what pisses me off is the fact people are making such a big deal over these things then go and buy a keyboard or keyboard case for it. Buy a freaking Air if you want a keyboard.

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not knocking your decision to buy one but, if you bought it for your dad, why not save some cash and buy the 1st gen at reduced pricing?

On practicality; I like the idea of tablets, being a tech junkie but, what pisses me off is the fact people are making such a big deal over these things then go and buy a keyboard or keyboard case for it. Buy a freaking Air if you want a keyboard.
I gave it some thought about buying a 1st gen, $350 for a refurb from apple is a lot more affordable. 2 reasons why I didn't get the first gen is that there is no camera and they don't resale well in korea since they are sold there already.

I agree about the hype being annoying. I have an macbook air (smaller model) and I can see why one would get an ipad and a keyboard. Honestly, it all comes down to this question. "Do I need to save files?" If yes, air. If no, ipad (+keyboard if you do alot of typing, web blogging, etc)

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
I gave it some thought about buying a 1st gen, $350 for a refurb from apple is a lot more affordable. 2 reasons why I didn't get the first gen is that there is no camera and they don't resale well in korea since they are sold there already.

I agree about the hype being annoying. I have an macbook air (smaller model) and I can see why one would get an ipad and a keyboard. Honestly, it all comes down to this question. "Do I need to save files?" If yes, air. If no, ipad (+keyboard if you do alot of typing, web blogging, etc)
well instead of looking at an first gen ipad, why not consider the samsung galaxy tab? It's a lot better than the first gen ipad

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I've played with one and I still dont see the purpose. But to each their own.
yeah not for everyone.

well instead of looking at an first gen ipad, why not consider the samsung galaxy tab? It's a lot better than the first gen ipad
the resale on galaxy's are even worse than the ipad 1 in korea, since they are made there. I was actually considering on buying one during my trip to korea last summer, since it wasnt out in the states yet, but i didn't really like it. Not sure exactly why, but something didn't feel right to me. The OS wasn't as smooth as I expected it to be. I must admit that the galaxy will probably get a lot better in its next hardware revision and OS honeycomb upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts