Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to test drive the TSX a week ago (A/T, Navi). The car handles great. we did a straight acceleration into a sweeping turn and then some s turns into a brake box. Compared to the IS 300, A4, and volvo that were there....the TSX handles much better and is quieter. THE IS wins in acceleration, but you would expect that. brakes are good...and the interior is roomy, and I'm 6'2".

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
dudevolley said:
Got to test drive the TSX a week ago (A/T, Navi). The car handles great. we did a straight acceleration into a sweeping turn and then some s turns into a brake box. Compared to the IS 300, A4, and volvo that were there....the TSX handles much better and is quieter. THE IS wins in acceleration, but you would expect that. brakes are good...and the interior is roomy, and I'm 6'2".
Did you get a chance to floor the car? just wondering how this car will keep up with the new high HP cars nissan and others have ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i floored it and it had good acceleration....have no idea if it can keep up with a 250+ nissan or WRX, but i didn't test it on the highway yet. Also..the power is b/t 2000rpm and 7100rpm...so you don't have to wait long for "v-tec" to kick in

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
dudevolley said:
i floored it and it had good acceleration....have no idea if it can keep up with a 250+ nissan or WRX, but i didn't test it on the highway yet. Also..the power is b/t 2000rpm and 7100rpm...so you don't have to wait long for "v-tec" to kick in
Thats preety good guess its just few months before people start throwing turbo on. :D

G

·
I test drove a TSX, silver, auto last night. (April 4) It was nice. The lighted instrument display looked very good. It seemed the auto shifted quite a bit. I then used the manual mode and that worked well but there seemed to be a slight delay for the new gear to kick in. The dash had brushed aluminum highlights rather than the wood of the tan (parchment). The tan looks much better, but is only offered in the white, red and black cars. I would have liked tan and blue exterior. The msrp of 26,990 seems very high, and the dealer here in Vegas (who got 8) is tacking on a $1,000 market adjument as well and $1000 more for trival stuff like window tint, and mud flaps. Car is boring looking, could even pass as a saturn from a distance. I would still like to get one, but I am looking for valued as well, and cannot justify paying this much for this car.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
tomskilv said:
I test drove a TSX, silver, auto last night. (April 4) It was nice. The lighted instrument display looked very good. It seemed the auto shifted quite a bit. I then used the manual mode and that worked well but there seemed to be a slight delay for the new gear to kick in. The dash had brushed aluminum highlights rather than the wood of the tan (parchment). The tan looks much better, but is only offered in the white, red and black cars. I would have liked tan and blue exterior. The msrp of 26,990 seems very high, and the dealer here in Vegas (who got 8) is tacking on a $1,000 market adjument as well and $1000 more for trival stuff like window tint, and mud flaps. Car is boring looking, could even pass as a saturn from a distance. I would still like to get one, but I am looking for valued as well, and cannot justify paying this much for this car.
Dam i hate saturns my test drive was canceled this week going next week will see how this works out, I really like the tsx so far without the test drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I test drove th etsx last week along with the accord v6. the TSX didn't have as much power but was a lot more fun to drive. I also felt like I had a lot more control in the turns.

·
The One and Only
210 Posts
is it possilbe to upgrade TSX i4 engine??

i m not sure what you guys talking about...

v-tec? <= what are tehse?
turbo <= dosnt turbo come with the stock?

G

·
My opinions: I test drove a blue TSX, auto, navigation yesterday. I like the style considering I am a Volvo fanatic. The interior was quartz with brushed aluminum accents. I believe the auto drove quietly, handled well, very smooth sounding engine. I loved the navigation screen and information displayed. Very fast in calculating your route. The fit and finish was superb...along the lines of Audi A4. More European in styling in my opinion. The stereo sounded very good. Not as good as the 2000 Volvo S80 T6 Dolby Prologic system in my present auto but good. I have no problems with it. My opinion.

Finally, I am older than dirt so I do not drive spiritedly. I do not come close to testing the limits of the engine, chassis, tires, etc. I am more interested in economy and clean emissions. The body felt very solid. I like the colors...so ordered white(kitchen appliance) my coworkers called it. That means they do not like my choice of color. I like it and the parchment interior with light wood accents. This will be my first automobile with HID (Xenon) low beam headlights. I am also ordering a 2004 Volvo V70R in passion red with low and high beam Xenon headlights, DVD navigation, telematics, six speed, audiomax.

I like the TSX very much. Thank you Acura.

·
Registered
97 Posts
im sure we gonna be able to change the vtec engagment point, and companies gonna start making better cams, cam gears, flywhees, turbos, injectors, intakes, blah blah....should be a really intresting engine to work with..hopefully dere will be equal amounts of torque and horsepower gains....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts