Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i have a 04 tsx with a apexi ws2 cat back. I am getting a comptech header and also need to get a test pipe.

What test pipe would you reccomend. I was looking at the BLOX because it was the cheapest but i don't think it will fit with the comptech header.

i have to swap out the cat ever two years as well for emmissions testing in Canada. Do not want to weld due to this.

What test pipe would you'll reccomend?
Thank you.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
FLP?

Although it is not a the test-pipe you're looking for, 06-08 CAT is a good choice for daily driving and most likely will pass any smog inspection. I have the exact setup on my car. Comptech header + stock cat (i got an 06) + apexi ws2 catback

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will my car sound raspy with the test pipe?. Current set up apexi ws2 catback, ct header and short ram intake.....

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
I was using a T1R Test pipe before... worked great and had taps welded on so that you can mount the oem cat heatshield.

·
Registered
355 Posts
In the end, it's just a pipe that replaces the cat.

Go for the cheapest one and make sure you buy spark plug defoulers or get an extra extension welded on for your o2 sensor.

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
Why not just get a long tube header?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tks guys, already got the ct header so a long tube header is out.
Still my only question will it sound raspy? Only considering the test pipe because its a lot
cheaper rather than a good high flow cat. And it has been impossible for me to source an 06 cat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey was wondering if you ever got the test pipe? I have the same concern with possible raspy noise. Similar setup.. '06 with Injen CAI/DC Headers/Apexi WSII exhaust. Prolly gonna order the in house test pipe from Marcus at HeelToe Autos, has a built in defouler and he says might not throw a code for a while. But yea, let me know if you have heard one with a pipe yet, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts