Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I thought about it and I ordered my new box from customboxman, I'm having it built to 2 cubic feet ported at 33hz and all 3/4" mdf. it's going to be another flush fit box like the one I just sold to PrecyseStylez but, it's only gonna have one 12 inch speaker hole for my 12w6v2...

no I'm looking for a certain type of sound that a friend of mine has with a 13w3v3-2 and I'm hoping I can attain that same loudness with my sub setup. if I can't then I'm going to sell this box with subwoofer together.

I will be looking for $500 sold locally, and I will be open to offers, trade or other ideas. I'm set on jl and I'm going to keep either the w6 or a w3.

I also have a hifonics zeus 1500 watt amplifier that's rated at 1500 watt rms at 1 ohm. it has 140a of fuses on it and i know it's definitely putting out some serious power. the amp if I decide to sell it I'm looking for $200.

I will have update to when I get the box how it looks I will put pictures of the new box the subwoofer and everything else I have the right now I'm just trying to get ideas for the main part.

Here's some pics as examples of the box and that is my sub.

from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the New box yesterday, its loud and clean. Very luxurious home for my 12w6v2 running on 1kw.

Still would entertain offers but I kinda am happy now. Ide still like a w7 or a 13" from the jl line... And I have to beef up my wiring still. Thoughts or ideas? Comments? Offers?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks really good. I would def offer but i have an 04 w/Navi so i'm afraid the box won't clear under the DVD drive (Had to get rid of a JL Audio 13TW5 because of this) -_- Although i do have 2 Sundown SA 8" subs and it sounds amazing. The ported box is too heavy for my taste though so i'm looking for 1 sub setup. GLWS!

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does look very low it looks like there might be clearance for nav. the only thing heavy about the box is that I had him make it out of 3/4" mdf. the port is a plastic tube on the right side. it is a professional port and it is tuned. the box only weighed in at 30 pounds when it was shipped. it is a heavy speaker though. I'll have a better picture of the under deck later.

sound quality is just amazing with the system and its loud enough to make my rear view mirror shake all the way down. I'll probably have to dynamat most of the trunk lid and maybe some of the quarter panel as it vibrates like crazy.

it's a pretty slim box and it still keeps a lot of room in the trunk. overall I'm very impressed with customboxmans work. This one was custom sized and placement is offset along with the port. Not a usual box, even for a tsx.

I have a 140a breaker and soon to be true 2awg fine strand wire and 10awg speaker wire.

Very nice guy to deal with, I've been on the phone with him 4 seperate times. I would also be open to trades something that sparkes my interest but I really like the flush fit of the box.
Ide do ~$700 for sub, box, amp, wire combo local too. :)

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly I paid $170 for it. He gave me a discount with the box because I bought another box from him already,but he used thicker wood for the box and a custom made port design, the ports cost him $20.

the first box I ordered I went through ebay auction the second box I emailed him through ebay and he sent me a paypal link directly. I don't have a personal or company email from him besides ebay, but he did ship out of KY. If that's local to anyone. I definitely highly recommend this seller as I have no complaints, I just am always wanting to change setups lol

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is perfect fit...

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/customboxman/m.html

That's his store...
More pics

Kinda hard to see the scale to size, I think there might be enough room for nav unit to fit...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts