Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Pistol Grip Pump
184 Posts
would u happen to hav pics of the full exhaust kit?

·
Registered
455 Posts
CCColtsicehockey said:
I have worked in the business world with buying and selling shit I understand how price break down works. However if you go base it off his for sale thread then what I posted is pretty damn correct.
No, what you've suggested is nothing more than a guess - anyone of us could've done that.
10-12% is about par for the course, but can't be assumed it is the likely discount since AJR is seemingly unsure what price he buys his products for.

·
Registered
455 Posts
AJR-COW said:
I am sorry you are upset that we do not have a price. But like I said we do not know how much discount we are getting from J's, as I said before pending on how many people we have interested then we can go about in pricing. The only reason we made this thread is because we have been getting lots of people asking for a group buy for this exhaust. That is why we made this thread, just so we can get an idea of how many people are actually serious. If you would like a rough idea on pricing please check out our website.

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/product.php?productid=576&cat=0&page=1

Once again I am sorry that we do not have a price yet. But please understand we have to have a firm number before we can get a firm price. When i get back to the office on Monday I will try my best to get a an Aprox. Price for you guys.
Understand Calvin, I'm not looking for a fight, but knowing what I do know about importation and distribution, you MUST know what price you're buying the exhausts for.
If you don't, then you'll not be in business too long, since you won't know whether you're making a profit or losing money on each one sold!
Now, there's absolutely nothing preventing you from suggesting a price it will be based on the price you currently buy them for.
If you have intentionally kept profit to the bare minimum, then I understand you need to know how much extra discount you can haggle with J's if you order x amount - but there nothing stopped you already asking that question on the supposition of set numbers (5, 10, 20, etc) or what J's price breakpoint are. As a manufacturer, they shouldn't be running to the nearest calculator to work out what they can afford to let you have them for - that should be something they've already decided and have to hand.
This way, you could've put out the GB price and any additional discount you got from J's is extra in your pocket or the price can be revised.

As a manufacturer, if I make something, then I have to know how much it cost me for materials and labour per item, then factoring in my overheads, what my minimum take needs to be, and what I would prefer to take to fund further R&D and stay in business through profits. Then, I look at what the competition is doing theirs for, and price according to that and any additional benefits mine has over theirs, and what it's reasonable to expect the market to bear.
At that point, I'm free to then decide how much discount retailers (local) and foreign distributors will get. If they or I want to shift more units to them, then I make the discount better.
Simple business 101 as you guys like to say.
For me, it's plain ordinary common bloody sense - no ifs, ands, or buts!

BTW, I was not upset, just speaking out more forcibly than others who may've been thinking the same thing, but couldn't be bothered to write as much.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
PJS said:
No, what you've suggested is nothing more than a guess - anyone of us could've done that.
10-12% is about par for the course, but can't be assumed it is the likely discount since AJR is seemingly unsure what price he buys his products for.
my guess was at least made with some information to make an informative guess. better than any answer we were given so not sure why you are so erked by it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You seem to think because I pointed out you can't assume the amount you guessed is likely or even possible (depending on AJR's margins vs retail price they've set) that I'm irked?
I made a simple observation and you've mistaken it as having a go at you - only you can explain why that is, 'cause I sure can't.
Your assumption may very well be correct, but let's sit tight and wait for Calvin to see what he can wrangle out of J's.
I'd imagine there's not much room to move until J's tells him they'd do an extra X% for 10 or more.
5 (in my mind) doesn't seem enough to make a difference and worth J's taking less profit themselves, but you never know!

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So I have just talked to my boss. and I can give you guys a rough estimate for pricing. As for why we need a firm number is because only a certain number can be produced in a month due to the material and the man power at J's. We need a firm number to check the stock in Japan. We don't want you guys have to have to wait half a year or a year for your exhaust system that is why we need a firm number before we can place an order.

As for pricing Current Retail Price is 1549.00 CAD Aprox. 1347.01 USD With the purchase or 5-10 You will be saving Aprox. 5-10+ percent. We can't give you a firm number because we do not know yet how much they have in stock and how much more needs to be made.

I am sorry once again at this point i cant give you guys anymore information, If you are unsatisfied with my service please PM my boss AJ PwR.

Thanks

Calvin

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
PJS said:
You seem to think because I pointed out you can't assume the amount you guessed is likely or even possible (depending on AJR's margins vs retail price they've set) that I'm irked?
I made a simple observation and you've mistaken it as having a go at you - only you can explain why that is, 'cause I sure can't.
Your assumption may very well be correct, but let's sit tight and wait for Calvin to see what he can wrangle out of J's.
I'd imagine there's not much room to move until J's tells him they'd do an extra X% for 10 or more.
5 (in my mind) doesn't seem enough to make a difference and worth J's taking less profit themselves, but you never know!
Never once did I say that it was a correct price but rather a rough estimate.

oh and by the way according to the price he just listed above minus 5-10% looks like was basically right.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Calvin, it's not a matter of anyone (especially me) being dissatisfied with your service, but if this is the info you're being fed by management, then I'm sorry to say this, but they are talking out of their arse.

J's knows how many they have on their shelves, and how many are currently being fabricated. They know how much it costs them, and they know how much they are prepared to sell them to the trade at in whatever quantity. They also know what throughput they can provide in a month.

Therefore, all that is required by anyone is simply an e-mail to and from J's asking how much extra discount over and above the normal margin you get, can they offer for 5, 10, 20 systems in one order.
They do not need to have assurances that you will be ordering x amount in order to provide you with your price.
If they are, then they need to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut, and for you to turn your attention to another brand altogether.
Anything short of asking the question and receiving a reply is complete and utter bollocks in any shape or form of business.

Again, remember this is not me having a go at you personally Calvin, but the way in which you seem to have to work by your employer or being strung along by J's.
Any company that won't release pricing without confirmed sales is not one I'd be interested in doing business with - and I'm aiming that more at J's than yourselves, but I'm out on this one.

Good luck in raising enough confirmed sales to make it worthwhile offering.

·
Registered
455 Posts
CCColtsicehockey said:
Never once did I say that it was a correct price but rather a rough estimate.

oh and by the way according to the price he just listed above minus 5-10% looks like was basically right.
Yes, you guessed somewhat right.
A round of applause.
Give yourself a pat on the back - I can't reach from over here!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I totally agree with PJS on this one though. That's not how one runs a business.

Hey, maybe you should start a shop too. It's all the rage!

·
Registered Member
45 Posts
PJS said:

How can I not know the prices ?? :grinno: I need some time to do all my home work such as prices, availability and shipping.

I totally agree with PJS on this one though. That's not how one runs a business.
Yes, I know I don't know how to do business LOL but I am trying to improve it :)

·
Registered Member
45 Posts
PJS said:
Calvin, it's not a matter of anyone (especially me) being dissatisfied with your service, but if this is the info you're being fed by management, then I'm sorry to say this, but they are talking out of their arse.

J's knows how many they have on their shelves, and how many are currently being fabricated. They know how much it costs them, and they know how much they are prepared to sell them to the trade at in whatever quantity. They also know what throughput they can provide in a month.

Therefore, all that is required by anyone is simply an e-mail to and from J's asking how much extra discount over and above the normal margin you get, can they offer for 5, 10, 20 systems in one order.
They do not need to have assurances that you will be ordering x amount in order to provide you with your price.
If they are, then they need to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut, and for you to turn your attention to another brand altogether.
Anything short of asking the question and receiving a reply is complete and utter bollocks in any shape or form of business.

Again, remember this is not me having a go at you personally Calvin, but the way in which you seem to have to work by your employer or being strung along by J's.
Any company that won't release pricing without confirmed sales is not one I'd be interested in doing business with - and I'm aiming that more at J's than yourselves, but I'm out on this one.

Good luck in raising enough confirmed sales to make it worthwhile offering.
I would like to clearify a few points here.

1- J's Racing does not have any TSX exhaust in stock.

2- After we send in the order to J's, J's will have to get back to us for the schedule of their factory (how much time to produce them). Basically, the 60RS for TSX is order to make so there nothing on the shelf ! ZERO !

3- J's Racing FX60RS Retail $1550CAD approx. $1350USD
If we are able to get 5+ buyers then the price will be $1400CAD approx. $1220USD plus shipping.

10 or more buyers, then I will consider to move the price furthermore :)

Thanks
Ben @ AJR

·
Registered
390 Posts
[No message]

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
darn now i am going to have to find a deifferent exhaust. no fun having an exhuast 5-10 other people have.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
price sounds pretty good, 10 people would be great though to get us a little more of a discount, unfortunately I dont have the money quite yet this early in the summer, but maybe next time... Thanks A&J

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
AJ PwR said:
Jason,

I think you should be the only one thats going to have it in NYC ;)
I would love to be the only one on the east coast with it personally or even like 1 of 3 in the US. One of the reason I dont normally buy group buy parts. However I since I might be switching my parts over to everything that j's racing has soon.

·
Not Driving, Just Posting
603 Posts
CCColtsicehockey said:
I would love to be the only one on the east coast with it personally or even like 1 of 3 in the US. One of the reason I dont normally buy group buy parts. However I since I might be switching my parts over to everything that j's racing has soon.
well the east coast thing is out the window

i've been wanting the single outlet exhaust since i bought the car, but you can cover the north and i can take the south...........sound good........... :shiner:

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
SeanS627 said:
well the east coast thing is out the window

i've been wanting the single outlet exhaust since i bought the car, but you can cover the north and i can take the south...........sound good........... :shiner:
and i guess i'll take all of hawaii!!!!!!!!!!! :buttkick: :D

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.