Acura TSX Forum banner

STay stock or get wood?

• Wood is Good!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Stay as is

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • different option such as brushed look, neo chrome, etc. Explain in comments please.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I picked up a peachwood and leather knob that matches the Parchment perfectly and is pretty close to the wood color dash trim, but I'm up in the air about it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like where you're going with this. Because the wood doesn't match nor contrasts the wood trim in the car, I would have to pass. Perhaps a differen't wood color on the knob.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Stock leather, or the wood, really like the wood one. Polished knob on an auto I have never liked. Maybe even the stock TL one you would like, it is smooth leather wrap, no perforations. Where in Hudson Valley are you? Im in Kingston once or twice a month usually.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Stock leather, or the wood, really like the wood one. Polished knob on an auto I have never liked. Maybe even the stock TL one you would like, it is smooth leather wrap, no perforations. Where in Hudson Valley are you? Im in Kingston once or twice a month usually.

Bout an hour south of Kingston, Orange County.

To me it seems to conflicting, exterior of my car is more sporty than luxurious, this is going to up the luxury on the interior. Regardless I'll probably try it out, the wood is going to drive me nuts though being off like that. But big deal, a $7 experiment lol

I'm gonna throw it on today or tomorrow and try to get a couple of different angled shots, if it looks somewhat decent, I'll see what Home Depot has in the way of stains or whatever to lighten or darken up the finish, I'm pretty sure that the stock knob just twists off, but if I put it back on and it's not exactly in the same position I'm gonna lose it, I can't stand crooked shift knobs.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Yeah had the colour matched I would have said go for it, but I can see where you're coming from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.