Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing that bugs me about my car is that it looks squished. I can't get around it, it's simply too short to be a sedan. At the length it's at, it would look so much better as a 2 door.

Anybody else?

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Nah it's a sedan, a really ****ing cool sedan:ben:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I do feel my car is small, I mean I can sit in it comfortably but no one at the back can. Ahaha. It's a lot better then a Lexus IS300 though. The turning radius isn't that great for how small our car is though. I still wanted a TL... Big ol sedan. :)

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
U should've done ur homework and bought something else if it bothers u enough to start a thread about it. Did u even look at one or get inside of one before u purchased? :scratch:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U should've done ur homework and bought something else if it bothers u enough to start a thread about it. Did u even look at one or get inside of one before u purchased? :scratch:
Yes I did look at one but it didn't really stand out at first how small it was. Now it kinda bugs me.

Also, the initial impression I had of them was the 09 body style, I didn't realize they made it longer in 09, I assumed they were the same with just a different grill and rear end. Now I don't know what to do. Do you think it looks too compact?

·
-
1,622 Posts
The one thing that bugs me about my car is that it looks squished. I can't get around it, it's simply too short to be a sedan. At the length it's at, it would look so much better as a 2 door.

Anybody else?

LOL, how old are you?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Lmaoo. Well if you think it's too compact and small for you then your best bet is to sell it and get a 2nd gen TSX or even a TL. I was able to cope with it. I didn't think it'd be as small either since I never tried out the backseats but I can't complain. I love the overall shape of the car.

·
Save the Manuals!
63 Posts
You have to remember that the TSX is the Japanese/European/"non-American" Accord. Kinda sad that what passes for a run of the mill family car overseas is a luxury car in the US. But the important point is that the market this car came from sells smaller cars than what we buy over here. That's why it's smaller than the American Accord, or the TL, which is based off the American Accord.

Sounds like you need a different Honda, if you're not satisfied this early in the game. Since you've thus far complained about your car's power, size, number of doors, and god knows what else, you should go for a V6 Accord coupe, or a CL or TL if you must have the Acura badge. I sold my Accord purely for financial reasons, but it was my favorite car ever and I do miss it. I hope I can get another 2011 at a decent price in a couple years.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have to remember that the TSX is the Japanese/European/"non-American" Accord. Kinda sad that what passes for a run of the mill family car overseas is a luxury car in the US. But the important point is that the market this car came from sells smaller cars than what we buy over here. That's why it's smaller than the American Accord, or the TL, which is based off the American Accord.

Sounds like you need a different Honda, if you're not satisfied this early in the game. Since you've thus far complained about your car's power, size, number of doors, and god knows what else, you should go for a V6 Accord coupe, or a CL or TL if you must have the Acura badge. I sold my Accord purely for financial reasons, but it was my favorite car ever and I do miss it. I hope I can get another 2011 at a decent price in a couple years.
You don't think I'll get used to it?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just the right size to fit in the garage. It shares space with a upright freezer and shelves.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts

I have to disagree on the first part; have you seen Audi vs. VW? I think Acura did an excellent job taking Euro Accord and add the right amount of luxury, technology and performance to make it an Acura.

And as to OP, I never thought the car look too small from the outside, I love the sporty look it has and I appreciate the four-door option when I was moving in my college years. However I agree with others it's tight in the back for passengers, I had to compromise my driving position a few times to fit people in the back. So yes, it's tight in the back row, but never look "crushed" to me. Have you considered RSX?

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I've always felt the TSX is a little bit on the long side. There are plenty other similar year sedans that are shorter (i.e: e46 3 series at 176", 01-05 audi a4 at 179", is300 at 173... 1st gen tsx is 183"). I'm 6'2 and I have no trouble sitting in the back with plenty of headroom and leg room to spare...

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
The TSX is the best car EVARRRR... *not being sarcastic*

I'm 6'1" and fit just fine. My bro is 6'3" and he's sat behind me a few times and I don't even move my seat up that much to accommodate him or inconvenience myself. The is300/250/350 sedan has zero leg room in the rear. It might as well be a coupe. A newer accord or slightly newer TL are definitely roomier but the TSX is easier to parallel park in compact spaces. It's the perfect balance of size, power, comfort, luxury, and sport for ME at least.

My advice....don't dump a ton of money into this vehicle if u cannot accept the car for what it is as opposed to what u want it to be. Maybe there's something else out there for u.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts