Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i drained the old fluid out, put 3 quarts of atf-dw1 in. check the dip stick, it's slightly above the two dots.

recently, my 3rd gear is kind of funny. it doesn't cut the fuel off when i floored it over 7100rpm. it was like 7100, 6600, 7100, 6700, 7100, 6800. funny thing is that the car still accelerating with the high rev power. but it's just weird, because i was expecting a fuel cut off and shift into fourth.

isn't it supposed to cut the fuel off right away?the first gear is acting normal, cuts fuel right off once its over 7100rpm.

the tranny fluid service had been taking care by dealership for the past years. this time for my diy, the old fluid's color is clear red. and the new atf-dw1 fluid is clear pink now, smells like juice.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The new ATF is synthetic and the old ATF Z1 is petroleum based. I spoke with the service adviser during my last visit to the Acura dealer for some warranty work and I was told the fluids are not compatible and a full four-cycle drain/fill sequence should be done to replace all the non-synthetic fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts