Acura TSX Forum banner

361 - 380 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I had to guess, it sounds like faulty capacitors on the PCB and you're experiencing symptoms when they're cold vs warm. Since it was probably replaced, pull it for inspection. If it looks ok, clean the contacts on the board with electronics/contact cleaner and firmly reinsert. If you're still having trouble, follow the troubleshooting in the FSM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How do you pull the PCB out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Help please

I purchased my TSX in December of 2014 and the lights went out last June. I finally stopped being lazy, did my research, and it has led me to this thread. It seems like Acura has discontinued this part. :help:

I went online to look for the PCB but I have had no luck so far.

There's another thread on here that has a step by step DIY on how to replace the PCB. The thread is a few years old, but he suggested to order it from acurapartsnow.com. I went to go check right away but it's discontinued there.

So I ordered it from acuraoemparts.com cause it said it was available. Five minutes later I get a cancellation email for my order cause the part is discontinued.

Today I took a drive to the nearest Acura dealer and explained my situation. I gave them the part number and even showed them the old PCB in my hands. The guy at the dealer called back and told me he spoke to Acura higher ups and it is in fact discontinued.

Guys please help. I'm fukked if I can't find this part, I can no longer drive like this.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Your situation really sucks.

Try calling some of the other Acura online dealers that still show it as in stock to see if they have it. You might get lucky. If they don't you have a few options: try to repair it yourself, send it to an electronics repair facility or go used (forum, eBay or salvage) to get a working unit.

Based on several experiences with old circuit boards from the 90's, you're probably looking at $50-$150 from a repair shop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your situation really sucks.

Try calling some of the other Acura online dealers that still show it as in stock to see if they have it. You might get lucky. If they don't you have a few options: try to repair it yourself, send it to an electronics repair facility or go used (forum, eBay or salvage) to get a working unit.

Based on several experiences with old circuit boards from the 90's, you're probably looking at $50-$150 from a repair shop.
I posted this pic of my PCB in another thread, do you think it can be repaired like you suggested?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Google "PCB Repair Service" and "PCB Repair Center." Send a front and back pic to get some free quotes and let us know what you find out.
I honestly think that the problem might not be resolved or it might happen again if I go this route. Some people are saying to buy an entire used center console. And some are saying to go and check junkyards and what not...

The problem with that is I won't know if the PCB on those will be the old one. Which does not have the updated hardware that prevents the overheating of the board and potential failure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nail in the coffin

This is a conversation I was having with an Acura rep a member here told me to contact. This is pretty much confirmation for everybody's worst fear in here. This car has been nothing but trouble since I got it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup, price has gone up.

Also just a head ups, when you get the printed board it will come with the new security code for the radio, most likely the code is wrong. To save time, just go directly to the radio display to get the radio serial #. For the Navi, with the key on the ON position, press SEEK >> and CD^ buttons at the same time while also pressing the radio Power button. The center stack light will then display the serial #. Take the serial # and go to https://radio-navicode.acura.com/ to get the code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone has found a supply of these PCB boards? I have called several dealers and online sites and no one has stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 2005 and it looks like my board is going to die any day now. Lights up when I start the car but will get dimmer or just go out entirely at times. Anyone know if the replacement board from the 2004 service bulletin will work in a 2005?

361 - 380 of 401 Posts