Acura TSX Forum banner

381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you know someone that can solder surface mount components the board can be repaired.

All that needs to be done is :

- clean and reflow some components,
-some resisters could be changed to a slightly higher wattage,
-replace a transistor
-jumper a surface mount fuse.

All of the above may not need doing but better than doing it a second time.

Parts can be bought a digi key.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you know someone that can solder surface mount components the board can be repaired.

All that needs to be done is :

- clean and reflow some components,
-some resisters could be changed to a slightly higher wattage,
-replace a transistor
-jumper a surface mount fuse.

All of the above may not need doing but better than doing it a second time.

Parts can be bought a digi key.
Check photos of heat damaged surface mount and new installed leaded resistors
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/members/tsxinspain-albums-2004+pcb+photos-picture20353-heat-damaged-surface-mount-resistors.jpg
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/members/tsxinspain-albums-2004+pcb+photos-picture20361-leaded-resistors-installed.jpg

·
FINALLY an owner!
12 Posts
I bought a used working CD player/radio on eBay and swapped it out with my own which had lighting problems and trouble playing some CDs. Radio, climate control, and lighting works fine on the used unit, BUT when I plugged in the power connector, the CD player cycled through all empty disc locations and now won't accept the button press for the CD. I swapped mine back in and the same thing happened. Anybody else have this problem?

·
FINALLY an owner!
12 Posts
Never mind!

It's been so long since I had no CDs in the player (since I bought the car) that I had forgotten that I had to load CDs first before the button would work.

Oops!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I've got the same problem, and what a pain it is! I can use a flashlight which gives me only a dim view of what's happening with the centre 'stack', and I have to rely on what's coming out of the A/C to determine if I'm getting A/C or heat since that light is part of the centre console/stack! The clock is impossible to see, given its location. I'm ticked off that it would cost over a thousand dollars for the dealer to fix this, not to mention the time and labor charged.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Since this is a problem that countless people have reported, which would probably cost Acura mere pennies per vehicle to resolve, has there not been a re-call on it, either in the U.S. or in Canada?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Center Stack Lighting

I got this problem in my 04 just last year - not bad, in terms of how long it took for the center stack lights to go out, but still a royal pain in the behind. A flashlight or the sunlight at a certain angle can only go so far! Car is so old (2004) that spending $2K on this seems somehow offensive to me, and I have nightmares at the mere thought of taking it to the dealer. Guessing that I entered the radio code correctly is the first hurdle and a most frustrating challenge when the battery has needed to be removed/replaced, but not being able to know what time it is, re-program radio stations, or see at a glance whether the A/C is on/off, what temp is in the car, etc., etc., are seemingly inane and minor issues that I really hate to have to deal with.
I'm sure there are updates on this issue. Please help!

381 - 391 of 391 Posts