Acura TSX Forum banner

401 - 404 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
And should we only replace the transistor??
I myself attempted this repair and it did not work, ended up fitting custom red LEDs in places of the display wired to the power source from the clock when the light switch is clicked on . Looked way better then oem and more reliable . Look for my post #390 it's right above in this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I myself attempted this repair and it did not work, ended up fitting custom red LEDs in places of the display wired to the power source from the clock when the light switch is clicked on . Looked way better then oem and more reliable . Look for my post #390 it's right above in this forum.
Would you be able to post a DIY for this? Sound better than just looking for PCB's that are almost impossible to find nowadays

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would you be able to post a DIY for this? Sound better than just looking for PCB's that are almost impossible to find nowadays
Sorry I cannot , I don't have the vehicle anymore , it is fairly simple once you have it apart and see where everything gets illuminated you can custom fit leds or a strip and wire it to a 12v power source with ignition on and a good ground ! That way they illuminate the background when the key is turned on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a problem that some of us have had, including Prolix and myself -- the lights in the "center console" being out.
First of all, let's explain what we're talking about, because "center console" is ambiguous. I had always thought the phrase referred to the compartment between the front seats, i.e. next to your right thigh. But it seems people are using the phrase more to refer to the central portion of the dashboard -- where you have the controls for the A/C, stereo etc., and where the Nav is (if you have it). That's what it means here -- the central portion of the dash. (Which makes me wonder what we're supposed to call that compartment next to your right thigh.)

The control buttons on that "center console" are supposed to light up when you have the car's lights on. Well, in a lot of our cars, at some point those buttons stopped lighting up. It's a real problem, because then you have to either just jab at the buttons and hope for the best (I'm getting better at it, but not much), or reach up to the ceiling and turn on one of the interior lights to see what you're doing, which is a pain in the b***, and also a little dangerous because of how you have to take your eye off the road and how it takes away from your outside visibility.

How many of you have had the problem?

And, if you've had it fixed, were there any "side effects"?
Like, I imagine they had to open up the console etc., and I wonder if that could cause RATTLES or anything else.

(I know Prolix was going to be having it fixed soon.....)
Its the bottom board in back . U can solder it or if possible replace console

401 - 404 of 404 Posts