Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 391 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
tsxdoc said:
.....Interesting, the display on my new radio is just slightly smaller than the old one and is surrounded by black plastic. Not on the outiside, that is smooth, but on the inside the LCD display is slightly smaller. I also noticed that when playing CDs, the LCD display shows "Disc" and "Track" above the numbers. My old one didn't do this. So, they have somewhat changed the radio since my car was built last June......
Yes, interesting. I don't think this has been noted anywhere before.

Maybe in due course we'll hear something about why this was done, and how else the radio might be different.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Ugh!

I was out for nice drive in the country on Saturday listening to the radio, I stopped to get gas, got back in the car and the lights were out. :'(

I'm taking it in next week. Wish me luck!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Dan Martin said:
Ugh!

I was out for nice drive in the country on Saturday listening to the radio, I stopped to get gas, got back in the car and the lights were out. :'(

I'm taking it in next week. Wish me luck!
Wow...good luck.. Keep us posted.

Now I'm wondering when I'll have that problem too :nervous:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
I'm also going to get them to fix my seat sliding problem. It doesn't really bother me but I might as well have them look at it while its there...
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Dan Martin said:
Ugh!

I was out for nice drive in the country on Saturday listening to the radio, I stopped to get gas, got back in the car and the lights were out. :'(

I'm taking it in next week. Wish me luck!
Sorry you've got it too. What a pain! The good news is that they seem to have gotten good at fixing it. And looks like you won't have to wait forever, like a lot of people have had to.

Let us know about the whole thing, including whatever you find out about what they do for the seat-sliding problem.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
way o/t but larch reading this thread with that huge avatar sucks. :thumbsup:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
tony4311 said:
way o/t but larch reading this thread with that huge avatar sucks. :thumbsup:
Tony, I agree! In fact, I agree with it even more than you do!!

I guess the peanut gallery doesn't know what happened. In fact, even some of the mods don't know!!!!

And even moi doesn't know!

But I'm gonna find out!
Even if I have to get Ken Starr on the case!!! :D

But meanwhile I'm changing the avatar to this......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
larchmont said:
Sorry you've got it too. What a pain! The good news is that they seem to have gotten good at fixing it. And looks like you won't have to wait forever, like a lot of people have had to.

Let us know about the whole thing, including whatever you find out about what they do for the seat-sliding problem.
I called today to book an appointment and the earliest they could get me in was June 16th so we'll see. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Dan Martin said:
I called today to book an appointment and the earliest they could get me in was June 16th.....
You must have forgotten to show them that "monthly." :rofl:

Larchmont, who thinks that all DM woulda had to do was let them know who he is. :D

BTW yes indeed that was the post of the millenium.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Dan Martin said:
I called today to book an appointment and the earliest they could get me in was June 16th so we'll see. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.
Wow...June 16th... they must be busy.. Good luck though..
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
TSX 'R' US said:
Wow...June 16th... they must be busy.....
Actually (as TRU probably knows) some people have had to wait a lot longer than that! Like, how about 6 weeks?

I still say all DM needed to do was tell 'em who he is. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
I just hope they don't get my car then realize they don't have the parts they need to fix it. I'm going to call the service manager to ask him about it tomorrow.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dan Martin said:
I just hope they don't get my car then realize they don't have the parts they need to fix it. I'm going to call the service manager to ask him about it tomorrow.
Good idea. Getting the part is what has held it up for a lot of people, as you probably know.
(If not, check out tsxdoc's posts on this thread -- starts at the bottom of p. 2.)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Dan Martin said:
I just hope they don't get my car then realize they don't have the parts they need to fix it. I'm going to call the service manager to ask him about it tomorrow.
Oh man...that would suck!! Show up...wait an hour...wait a few more hours... "sorry dan, we don't have the part..can you come back in say...a year?"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
I spoke to the service manager today and I was happy with their answer. She said that most of the problems with getting parts for the TSX were to do with it being a brand new car. She said they normally just have powertrain components for new releases and "luxury" items such as radio and A/C parts are shipped later. They don't keep extra radios in stock at the dealer but she said worst case scenario it will be a week. Chances are I will have to make two trips but I will have a loaner for both and the dealer is on my way to work so it's not that big of a deal.

When I asked if she had seen this problem on any other TSX's she said no but she had seen a couple TL's with the console lights out! :eek: I guess this problem is bigger than we thought....
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dan Martin said:
.....When I asked if she had seen this problem on any other TSX's she said no but she had seen a couple TL's with the console lights out! :eek: .....
Depending on how much of a PITA * you are willing to be.....well, here's what I'd do: I'd mention to her that I know there have been a number of fiascoes in this repair because of the people not being familiar with it, and I'd strongly (nicely but strongly) ask her to make sure that she or someone else there should speak with someone somewhere who has worked on it before, to find out about possible pitfalls, and to help make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. This is delicate and tricky, because you're asking them to go above-and-beyond, and also because you're basically implying that they don't know enough about it. But really, I would not only ask, I'd basically demand it (still as nicely as possible, which, as you probably know, isn't always as nice as I intend it to be). :D

It may well not be your style to do it, but I would.

P.S. I took all kinds of precautions with my Acura place before having this work done, and it didn't do a bit of good. :donno:


* Stands for "pain in the ass." :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
I just picked my car up at lunch today and wanted to say that I received excellent service from my dealership. I dropped my car off at 9am yesterday and it was ready to be picked up today at lunch. Totally painless procedure. The lights are back on and my seat slides smoothly and doesn't tip forward under braking. Two thumbs up to Erin Mills Acura for doing a great job.

Oh and my TSX feels like a rocketship compared to the loaner EL I had. :D
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Dan Martin said:
I just picked my car up at lunch today and wanted to say that I received excellent service from my dealership. I dropped my car off at 9am yesterday and it was ready to be picked up today at lunch. Totally painless procedure. The lights are back on and my seat slides smoothly and doesn't tip forward under braking. Two thumbs up to Erin Mills Acura for doing a great job.

Oh and my TSX feels like a rocketship compared to the loaner EL I had. :D
Sweeet!! Good to hear things are squared away :nod:
 
41 - 60 of 391 Posts
Top