Acura TSX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 397 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Nav -- but I don't think it matters.

Not 100% sure, but I think the problem has been happening in either kind.

Wouldn't be too hard to check out. I'll prolly do it later.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
yeah my center console went out for no reason, and i tried my method, and it worked.. but if it dosen't then you got a more serious problem =(

The problem people have is center console controls light going out but not the clock. If your clock and the entire center console out too, then you just have it disabled, and you can fix that by re-enabling by holding the cd/aux button down.

·
CivicBackwardStillCivic
22 Posts
My center console just went out yesterday, i droped by Acura in Riverside, they ordered the parts and told me about 7 days....

Lets see how my story would go... from here...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Curse of Anubis said:
My center console just went out yesterday, i droped by Acura in Riverside, they ordered the parts and told me about 7 days....

Lets see how my story would go... from here...
Good luck -- hope it goes smoothly.

BTW....when did you get the car? I'm curious because I'm wondering if the newer TSX's are still having the problem. It had seemed that maybe the problem was most prevalent in the early ones, then maybe Honda/Acura worked out the bugs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
larchmont said:
Good luck -- hope it goes smoothly.

BTW....when did you get the car? I'm curious because I'm wondering if the newer TSX's are still having the problem. It had seemed that maybe the problem was most prevalent in the early ones, then maybe Honda/Acura worked out the bugs.
My '04 TSX has a build number of 370 and has 33XXX miles on it. I have yet to expereince the center stack light problem. Thank goodness.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
miner said:
My '04 TSX has a build number of 370 and has 33XXX miles on it. I have yet to expereince the center stack light problem. Thank goodness.
Wow -- one of the real originals!

BTW what about rattles? We've had the impression also that those were most common in the earlier ones......

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have the rattles *and* my console lights went out a freakin long time ago. i have all of the buttons memorized, but i'm probably going to get it fixed soon because it's stupid. my build number is 11,35xx. i probably had 15,000 miles when the lights went out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
larchmont said:
Wow -- one of the real originals!

BTW what about rattles? We've had the impression also that those were most common in the earlier ones......
My only rattle is a now-&-then click from around the windshield molding. I have had my doors dynamatted so no problem there. I had a rattle from the glove box (dash area) but I fixed that by putting the stickable rubber feet used for lamps/etc. on the door edge to make it a tighter fit. No more problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

Just wanted to add my input with regards to this issue. The lights on my "centre console" went out last week and I was planning on bringing my car in already to replace the windshield anyways. When I dropped the car off I told them about the interior lights and they said they would look at it.

They kept my car for 2 days and replaced the windshield and the entire center stack. I got the car back and all appears in good order. However, I do have a slight "clicking" noise coming from the centre part of the dash or windshield. I don't know if it's just paranoia or what but i'll wait until my windshield settles and see if the noise persists. The dealership admitted that this has been a problem in the 2004 TSX but the 05 appears to have ironed this problem out.

Thats all.....

PS On a side note, I think I can be added to the list of people experiencing door rattle problems. I havent heard anyone actually describe the noise from the door but mine sounds like the window is somehow shifting and causing a noise regardless if it's open or closed. I'll keep an eye on that and update on that as well

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I also suddenly had a rattle in the center part of the dash area after I had this work done (about a year ago) -- more specifically, it was from the immediate area of the CD/cassette.

It went away after about a week. At the time I thought it was probably just because the weather got warmer (the rattles in general have seemed to be worst and most prevalent in cold weather), but since it didn't come back this winter, perhaps it was that it just took a few days for the new installation to "settle in," as you suggest. (In my case it wouldn't have been the windshield that settled in, because I didn't have anything done on it; it would have been the new CD/radio unit.)

·
Owner May2003
25 Posts
What next?

Same Problem with centre console lights (non-nav system).
All lights gone out on clock, audio system and air conditioning unit.
(dealer said it's all one piece)
Holding Aux/CD buttons doesn't fix problem.
Dealer will Replace Under Warranty

is the anything else I should be looking at getting replaced before the warranty runs out?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
dlai said:
All lights gone out on clock, audio system and air conditioning unit.
(dealer said it's all one piece)
Holding Aux/CD buttons doesn't fix problem.
Dealer will Replace Under Warranty

is the anything else I should be looking at getting replaced before the warranty runs out?
Not if nothing else seems wrong, which I imagine it doesn't.
Good luck with this fix. Judging from other people's recent experience, it should go well!

·
Who wishes he had a 6MT
34 Posts
All lights gone out audio system and air conditioning unit.
Dealer replaced it under warranty

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
FearthisTSX said:
All lights gone out audio system and air conditioning unit.
Dealer replaced it under warranty
Sorry to hear you had the problem, but as we know it's been quite common in the '04's.
Hope the fix was fast and good!

·
Who wishes he had a 6MT
34 Posts
larchmont said:
Sorry to hear you had the problem, but as we know it's been quite common in the '04's.
Hope the fix was fast and good!
The fix was fast (1/2 day). It's only been a month. I hope it won't go bad again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought an '04 TSX, silver, black interior. Guess what? I didn't know until I got home and went back out that night too notice a peculiarly dark "center stack". I knew it right immediately the lights were not functioning. Taking back to dealership tomorrow morning. This forum has been quite helpful and informative. I just joined.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
dkowal said:
Just bought an '04 TSX, silver, black interior. Guess what? I didn't know until I got home and went back out that night too notice a peculiarly dark "center stack". I knew it right immediately the lights were not functioning. Taking back to dealership tomorrow morning. This forum has been quite helpful and informative. I just joined.
Welcome.......But sorry to hear you have the problem, especially right after picking up the car!!! :donno:

I'm surprised you had this problem on an '04 that you got from a dealer.
Not that everybody's experiences with Acura dealers have been good......hardly.
But still.

By the way......What's the mileage on the car? If it's only in the 10,000-20,000 mile range, it's quite possible the problem JUST DEVELOPED -- i.e. after the dealer had finished checking out the car.
I think this problem usually shows up in that range, if it's going to happen at all.

Hopefully the problem can be taken care of pretty easily. Good luck with it.
And it's probably likely that you won't have too many other problems with the car any time soon.

61 - 80 of 397 Posts