Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 90K on my 2006 - A/C is ice cold and has never had a problem, but the thought of the A/C system having issues is never far from my mind.

I've come across a ton of posts that say the A/C compressors on the 1st Gen TSX generally start having problems around 100K. The scope of the issue is hard to get a grasp on though, because naturally only users who have had A/C issues are going to post about it.

How many of you have made it past 100K and are still on your original A/C system and compressor (in other words, have had no problems)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My TSX just hit 100k and first thing i noticed is my AC takes about 4-7 minutes to get some real cold air out. I was getting a little worried but than we are having some retarded weather here it being in the high 90s and extremly humid i cant really blame the car lol. How much is a AC compressor running usually? And does anyone know if that would be covered by the extended warranty you buy threw the bank? My father got the car with 5 years of warranty and sold it to me after a year he didnt really sell me it since its still in his name but im paying for the car and trying to get it refinanced through my name soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
06 CGP with black interior TSX with ~120k miles. A/C feels good if car is parked in shaded garage. Not too sure about about under the hot sun yet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have 120,000 miles on my 06 TSX and the A/C still feel cold in the southwestern sun. I've had two accidents several years apart and the front condenser had to be replaced and A/C serviced both times. Each time, the A/C really felt a lot colder afterward compared to before the accident. Maybe fresh oil/refrigerant/maint corrected minor problems and got the system back to normal after each accident?

I had to replace my A/C compressor on my RDX at 98,000 miles. Lucky for me there was an extended Acura warranty up to 100,000 miles for the problem I had with the A/C clutch.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am at 200250 on my 04 (in service since August 2003) and AC still runs fine; has never even needed a refrigerant recharge.

·
Registered
198 Posts
06 TSX at 162k Miles.

A/C is cold. Idle does sound a little loud on drivers side when running. Stock pulleys and replaced the serp belt last year.

I run it full cold at least once a month, even in winter. So far so good! Expected to be a brutal Summer this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
04 with 128,xxx miles. Happy to report that the A/C is still running like a champ. I did change the resistor a few years back though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
2004 nearing 200k, the ac runs pretty cold during cooler days and after a long trip. It greatly struggles when it is 90*+ and high humidity. It'll take a good 5-10mins on full blast to cool the car down but the air is not very cold. It struggles a bit but gets the job done

·
Registered
72 Posts
2004 with 148k- works like a charm, colder than my dads 2013 RDX in fact. I can't always keep it on constantly because it gets so cold. Also, the car really bogs down when I hit the gas even a little bit with it on anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 that I bought in Oct. 2013. It has 220,000 km's (136,730 miles) and I rarely use the a/c. Since I rarely use it, I was worried that it might not be effective during this very hot summer but each time I tried it out it worked very fine without any issue.
I still think (as mentioned by someone in an earlier post) it is wise to run it from time to time (really a reminder to myself!).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts