Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gas pump keeps stopping on my 04 Auto. Would any of you guys know what’s the caus

I think I’ve been foolishly filling up the gas tank when I was not supposed to. Now at the pump I have to click several times. I try to listen even closer now for the close to full noise(insert I can’t think of a word for that). It’s annoying and I would appreciate any help with why it doesn’t fill correctly. Thanks.

·
2005 TSX CGP 6-spd Nav
23 Posts
I’ve only tried two pumps. A pump in one state and one in another. They both did the same thing so I guess it’s a problem now.
yeah my car is weird too. I will let it auto-fill til it's "full" only to get in my car and it doesn't say its completely full. Only does it randomly and hasn't done it in a while. Probably depends on the weather, pump, and station idk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve only tried two pumps. A pump in one state and one in another. They both did the same thing so I guess it’s a problem now.
yeah my car is weird too. I will let it auto-fill til it's "full" only to get in my car and it doesn't say its completely full. Only does it randomly and hasn't done it in a while. Probably depends on the weather, pump, and station idk.
Yea that’s strange. My co-worker overheard me talking about it and suggested driving it till empty then pouring a bottle of Seafoam or Gumout to the tank before filling it to almost full again. Then he said to drive it to empty after the initial post fill repeating the process every 4 or 5 stops to get gas. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts