Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my TSX last year over a c300 because of its attractive price and reliability... I have to admit though I wasn't really a fan of the controversial grille...

I watch some reviews online and almost all of them has a comment or two with the grille...

Eventually the grille has grown into me... Partly because I own one... But I'm just curious if other people can get used to it eventually...

I'm just wondering if this will change in time... With the release of the new ZDX in my opinion I think Acura pulled off the corporate grille quite nicely into that car... Of course haters think otherwise...

But if there's any consolation the grille that they put on the TL is just not working for me... And I saw a picture of a MDX having the same beak as the TL... But then when the re-design mdx came out it had the same grille as any other acura in the lineup... The TL was the only one that got left out with a full blow of the "keen edge" as acura calls it...

I don't know how to explain it but the grille on the TL starts way above the roof line... I think that's what made it look ugly...

Anyway just giving my opinion about this whole grille thing... I don't intend to start an argument.. But want to see what other people thinks...

·
n/a
8,573 Posts

The new grilles are hideous. The tsx kind of pulls it off but the tl and rl are way off line. Partly because of the way it extends into the hood. But I think we've talked enough about this................

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
New grille is worse that a troll's face, and a troll's face is hideous. Now TL simply leaves me speechless with its SUPER ugly looks, but still.

In conclusion, we need to sign a petition to convince Honda that their new team of designers must be quartered.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
I would not purchase any current Acura product due to their present design trends. The beak grill is dreadful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
for me it was between this car and a 2nd-hand 2006 Infiniti G35x with NAV.

i settled for this car coz:
- new/mileage/condition
- better interior and much roomier. i'm 6 feet and i felt crammed in the Infiniti both front and rear.
- rear seats that can fold down
- fuel economy

the beak was something that i had to compromise.

I'd like to rebrand it to the Honda Euro Accord. the Honda grille just looks real nice with this car. however, it's quite expensive to completely rebrand it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just get a mugen grille. Those look sick! I don't know if they are available yet though.....
I tried to get a quote from the european Mugen dealer, and I got an email back wich said:

Currently no 09 Mugen parts are available, in March Mugen will decide if they are gonna put the 09 Accord parts in production.
I'm very sorry to tell you so, if any updates are available, we will let you know.
So for now we can't give you any prices on the frontlip and sideskirts.

Basicly what it said when translated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha eventhough I like how my car looks like for some reason reading the forums and seeing a lot of people hate it makes me a bit insecure...

I guess the remedy would be putting a mugen grille on it... Please keep me posted if they'll be release the mugen version grille.... Although I know the TSX is somewhat bigger than the euro accord so I'm not sure if it will fit...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the TSX a bit different to meet the standards of USA?...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Defcon your foglights are sick! Where were you able to get that if you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
265 Posts
honestly i dont like the mugen grill. it looks like a bigger shield than the US grill. also i think the current US grill looks better than then euro grill w/ 3 bars. just paint match the US grill for $100 and youre set.

I can get the mugen grill look by covering it in carbon fiber vinyl without having to pay $600-$700 (not sure how much it cost) just because its mugen.

i customized it myself. i got 2001 prelude foglights and turnsignals, created brackets for them, cut out the OEM fog light housing, created a new foglight housing with fiberglass/bondo to cover gap, and wrapped it in carbon fiber vinyl

the bottom of my fog light that's yellow is actually my DRL/high beams. its on high beam on that pic.

im putting yellow leds in the upper headlights and in the upper fog light area controlled by a cigarette lighter switch

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
to the OP, it is your car so do as you'd like with it. only thing that matters is that YOU like it. who cares what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
that mugen grill is the same as the acura grill except larger and black.

euro honda accord is the way to go IMO for the grill.

·
Registered
136 Posts
aehe10 = how I feel when I look at the grille on current Acuras.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a thread complaining so loudly about the grille on the 1G TSX...and that, as they say, speaks for itself.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Like Tekneek said, it's your car and do as you please. I don't like the grille much but it has grown on me more than when I first saw it. Some ppl like it and others don't. I think the best look is when it's paint matched on the darker colors but I like it the way it is better on the white for some reason...guess I'm just weird haha. I'd do paint match from the current options for the 2nd gen grille...the RJ (Ron Jon) grille isn't too bad looking though either tho as I just recently saw it on a car on azine.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I do like the 2nd gen interior, but I don't like how Acura has redesigned their entire line to look effectively the same in front (a la BMW), but in a Japanese anime hello kitty smiley kind of way. No one likes cars that smile, but people do like the look of some elegance when they buy what is marketed as an upscale brand car.

Remember the last gen TL? No smile, but they were all over the place like bird shit. Now, maybe see one once a week. :rotz:

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
that mugen grill is the same as the acura grill except larger and black.

euro honda accord is the way to go IMO for the grill.
honestly i dont like the mugen grill. it looks like a bigger shield than the US grill. also i think the current US grill looks better than then euro grill w/ 3 bars. just paint match the US grill for $100 and youre set.
There were two mugen grilles if I can recall. I like the more subtle one.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
to the OP, who cares what everyone else thinks.
Posers/Ricers.

Remember the last gen TL? No smile, but they were all over the place like bird shit. Now, maybe see one once a week. :rotz:
3rd gen TL was the best selling luxury sedan in US. That alone says a LOT about the design. I have seen like 1 or 2 new TL's on the roads, and I live in a fairly crowded place :rotz:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to say, I do not mind the TSX grill as it is understated. The TL however, it is god aweful. It smiles way too loudly. I am now used to it's back end, and would buy one next when my MDX goes in the summer 2010, but the front is aweful. Same goes for that new Accord Crosstour, that backend is aweful. i think I am going to end up with a Toyota Venza next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sortudo and Tekneek yeah I guess I'll just ignore the posts of the haters... I mean in every forum there is no way you'll see a car design language that is all praised and no negative comments anyway...

I remember there is this one guy who commented that the corporate grille of bmw looked like a pig snout... No offense against bmw enthusiasts but just to point that someine will always have an opinion to it...

There's just always going to be a flaw in a car that haters can hate on either it's styling, performance or reliability.

I'll just enjoy the reliability, well appointed interior and good fuel consumption of my car... Like I mentioned in my original post the exterior grew on me so I'm really starting to like my car so much...

I just bought the tsx v6 rims to my inline 4 and I'm excited to put it on... I just still like the factory look in my car...

Btw I'll give an applause to defcon for his revised foglights... I think he pulled it off quite nicely...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts