Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 575 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured we should make our own... Just to show the Canadians That we can make a pw sightings thread too! They think there so great w/ their Daytime running lights and Hockey :gapteeth:

Ok so Last time I was home, Driving through huntington, was behind a Silver TSX w/ 18's and Tints...that anyone here?

Edit: Changed the title for the rest of you guys, lol alot broader, but well get some more sightings this way, and who knows, might finally see one another... :ben:

Re Edit: That better?

Reactions: evertp1

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I see you New Yorkers are copying the Vancouver sightings thread heh!:laugh:

I think I ought to start a sightings thread in the Midwest section too. Though, not too many TSX owners from the Midwest compared to places like LA/SoCal, Vancouver, and even NYC and New England. I only know of TRU, j.tear, and myself...though there are probably more that I don't know of. :wiggle:

You two and others like spyguy, robert_tsxgeek, Ray, and RMATIC should make this your home, just like how the Vancouver members made the Canada section their place to be. PW here or whatever from NYC or the Northeast.:D

Back to sightings, though this was locally for me. I saw a CG TSX w/ OEM kit last night on the highway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Few months ago I wouldn't know what a TSX was and now I am constantly eyeballing the road just to get a glimpse of another one.

I'm on LI in a Meteor Silver 04 (all stock, AT, no nav).

I've seen one in the Jericho/Westbury area a few times, if I recalll correctly it is blue (ABP?). Definitely remember that it has a very distinctive license plate. In fact I'm trying to touch base with this or another local TSX'r just to see/hear in person any mods so I can really figure out if they are right for me.

Happy driving!

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Last weekend, I was at the Home Depot off exit 40 on the LIE, parked next to a CG TSX, auto, non nav with mud flaps and spoiler, anybody here?

i had the NBP w/ tints.

By the way guys, I just got tints last Tuesday (played hookie from work). This guy on Queens Blvd (chinese) his name is Mike, charges $140 for 4 windows and the rear, lifetime warranty of course. If anyone's interested, i'll give them the info, just PM me.

So far, the job looks great, he used Johnson films, comparable to Lumar films. He used to have a shop called NYC Tint Shop.

I got this referral through a friend, so its not like i'm trying to promote his business, but this is the best price I found thus far, cause i've been searching for a good price on tints for a few weeks now.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spyguy said:
Last weekend, I was at the Home Depot off exit 40 on the LIE, parked next to a CG TSX, auto, non nav with mud flaps and spoiler, anybody here?

i had the NBP w/ tints.

By the way guys, I just got tints last Tuesday (played hookie from work). This guy on Queens Blvd (chinese) his name is Mike, charges $140 for 4 windows and the rear, lifetime warranty of course. If anyone's interested, i'll give them the info, just PM me.

So far, the job looks great, he used Johnson films, comparable to Lumar films. He used to have a shop called NYC Tint Shop.

I got this referral through a friend, so its not like i'm trying to promote his business, but this is the best price I found thus far, cause i've been searching for a good price on tints for a few weeks now.
no um yeah 140 $ is a good price... U want to pm me the info...but 2 quickies....First off...What % Tint...2ndly did he use a felt strip?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
127 Posts
Last Saturday (3/12) around 16:30 on Queens Blvd not too far from Ascan I was standing in front of my CG when another CG puuled up and parked across from me. A male asian early 20's 5'10ish thin build and a female asian also early 20's got out.

Also spotted a blue one, in Bayside, on 48 ave, clearview service road to 203 st couldn't get too much detail was passing by

Do these belong to anybody here?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im outta state currently so nope, Wheres my other New Yorkers? lol, were never gonna be able to compete w/ the Canadians at this point

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Now you have the NJ peepz here to compete with the New Yorkers. Lets see who has the most TSX and RSX sightings.

I see quite a few TSX around here, but its a different region....and where is RMATIC?:D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2003 w/ Honda Accord Badges, European Plate on the Back and a Firedepartment sticker in the bottom left corner of the rear window...

·
Registered
125 Posts
OK. I'm on LI. I'll do what I can.

Last 2 sightings were:

Few weeks ago on SS pkwy, westbound around western suffolk/eastern nassau (sorry, can't narrow down further). Passenger side was in an accident as pass side doors were dented. female driver...

Also,
On Rte 107 in Jericho/Hicksville up by LIE/Northern State in parking lot of a CVS or Eckerd. A red TSX with a, ahem, older gentleman disembarking from vehicle. Not to be age prejudiced, but I'm guessing he isn't routinely surfing here on this site....

sry, that's it....

oh yea, I was at a dealer today.
saw a few tsx cars in for service and wondered if any visit this site....
Island Acura in Wantagh....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah Me and Rmatic are both Rayle Acura...dont know about anyone else really, im gonna be home in a little less then two weeks, and I get around so hopefully well have some more sightings

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
I'm currently driving my TSX around Potsdam, NY, but that might as well be in Canada. I've never seen another one in this area of NY however...

In fact, the only time I've ever seen a TSX on the road was in Rockville, MD.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Funnily, I seem to have been seeing fewer TSX's the last few months.
I imagine it's just because after a while, when I got used to seeing quite a few, I stopped looking for them so much. :donno:

Another theory: Around here, some people get nice new cars right before they move away from NYC.
But I don't think that could account for what I seem to have noticed.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
90% of TSX drivers I see have been women like 30+, swear.
Heck just today I was at the dealer getting an oil change and
their first TSX test drive was someone that resembles Julia Child in her 50+
:rofl:
I am pretty darn sure these people have no idea WTF a net forum is lol

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
hey ! NY aint part of New England is it ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, RH = NE

Anyways, if you see a PWP with a blue sponge bob seat cover on the passenger seat, that's me!
Yeah, I know its blocking the air bag…but the g/f loves it and plus we sweat like pig in the hot weather.

1 - 20 of 575 Posts