Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would like to see this investigated furthur, it appears that this was pre-meditated, this issue should be dealt with approprietly.

aaron12

cobaltss.net

·
1,392 Posts
i support it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I support an official investigation in this theft from member Hokeido by accused member, A-spec Kid, and any other such criminal matters related to the accused.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I support this petition for the law enforcements to get involved. No one wants to see their parts get stolen. Hope Joe gets what's comming to him!

BTW: You should return that Impact gun to centennial. And pay back the $10 to each of the 20 classmates

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from FT Lewis Washington

I Nicholas Zander
of the United States Army fully support a investigation into the theft of parts from member member Hokeido by Member A-spec Kid (AKA Joe Creti).
The crime though being theft although small is still a crime which still deserves a proper investigation and trial. Part theft is crime that is greatly shunned upon by the entire automotive community no matter of what you drive or where your from. It is a crime that plagues us all. What I am asking and looking for in this members ordeal is for the thief to be made a proper example of and perhaps for the thief to to learn a very hard lesson in being a criminal and that crime does not pay and that if you continue to choose to steal YOU WILL GET CAUGHT AND PUNISHED!

On a final note.
Great work to the people who found out who committed the crime:thumbsup:. This is a great example and showing of the automotive enthusiast community helping each other out and supporting each other no matter what you drive or where your from. I hope Canadian officials will take the time and interest to look into this case and prosecute the offender under the full scale of the law.
My hats off you gents. And good luck to you Hokeido

Signed
Nicholas Zander United States Army

NWBMW.com
Bimmerforums
Puget Sound BMW CCA Chapter
NorthwestMotoring.com

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
i support this 100%. i was once a victim and if i do ever catch one on the spot. who knows what ill do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My friend just had his 1998 Type R stolen from his driveway... they moved his sisters Lancer, and left fingerprints soaked in BLOOD on her door.

They could have easily came and lifted the prints, but told him over the phone they aren't going to bother..

Cops are useless, unless its a bad accident, traffic tickets, domestic / assaults and murder, etc..

I doubt their is a private dick out that wants to put in the effort to investigate, in order to lay charges..

Hope they prove us wrong!

I VOTE FOR IT!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My friend just had his 1998 Type R stolen from his driveway... they moved his sisters Lancer, and left fingerprints soaked in BLOOD on her door.

They could have easily came and lifted the prints, but told him over the phone they aren't going to bother..

Cops are useless, unless its a bad accident, traffic tickets, domestic / assaults and murder, etc..

I doubt their is a private dick out that wants to put in the effort to investigate, in order to lay charges..

Hope they prove us wrong!

I VOTE FOR IT!
Once again, pulling people over and giving them tickets for superfluous shit like wide left hand turns generates a lot more income than finding a car thief.

Now if it's a car thief that also kidnapped a kid, then they'd try really hard as they could be on the news and get a promotion.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
^ well said :)

I have the same experience. My local cops are only good to generate municipal revenue by giving easy tickets for trivial things. But when it comes to something more serious, unless they can get anything out of it, they don't care. I still haven't gotten a penny back for a stolen $12K car back in '95. "To Protect and Serve" is a blank propaganda statement to keep the community under impression that they are actually there to help us. Whereas in actuality we get more abuse than help. And we pay for that in taxes!

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I wonder how hard the cops would try to find a car thief if it was their personal car that was stolen. They'd probably bend over backwords and abuse resources to get it back.

..."let's tap A-Spec kid's phone lines and set up 24 hour surveilance."

·
, Chief SuperModerator, General
1,689 Posts
A-spec Kid Sighting...

Spotted A-Spec Kid pumping gas at the Esso on the 400 North, which is for those traveling. I guess he's scared to pump gas anywhere else. For as long as i've known him, he has always bought Sunoco, but he's scared shitless so he now settles for 'less'.

This is where I saw him, where the Green A is

BTW, his License plate is no longer BESJ 252, it is now BESA 130. Just a heads up for those in the North york, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, and Markham Area

·
Registered
4 Posts
Basically the credit card companies backcharge the merchant. It is then up to the merchant to hunt down the thief and prosecute. Although there are some exceptions, ID thieves tend to not be prosecuted. Merchants just add the loss to the cost of doing business and increase the price of merchandise.Even when there is strong evidence of theft and fraud, it is very difficult to get prosecutors to file charges.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I , Benson Lai, support a full investigation on this theft from member Hokeido by accused member, A-spec Kid.

Signed

Benson Lai

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
"To Protect and Serve" is a blank propaganda statement to keep the community under impression that they are actually there to help us. Whereas in actuality we get more abuse than help. And we pay for that in taxes!
Oh yes... That is the biggest load of :bs: I have ever heard. Seriously, I have had more troubles caused by cops than solved by them. Way more. I even feel good that they got 30-50% budget cuts all over the country. In Europe police is a big business of the government. I even know a couple of people from high school who went to police academies. One crashed his Supra at 3 AM while street racing for money. The other one is a whore and barely graduated from high school. She took the best opportunity she could.

Anyways.... Any update on the case? Have the good citizens of Canada shot the bastard yet?

·
Superhammatime
312 Posts
Just remember guys in order to prove this in court it's a little more complicated you think. There is no doubt that the guy did it, however, coming from a legal standpoint:

Police and the crown must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt before a conviction can even be registered against him.

Legal Definition of Reasonable Doubt

- Circumstancial evidence does not have any weight in criminal court
- Being the fact that other vehicles can get a black overlay (although rare from a retailer) does bring up some reasonable doubt.
- No actual witnesses, of him doing the deed other than his car in the video. He can argue or say that his friend took his car for the day (depending on the quality of the video of the suspect).

By no means I am saying it's impossible to do so, but it's a nieve to say that police aren't doing anything because it's too small of a crime.

In civil proceedings, circumstancial evidence is all u need and is a lot easier to get results there.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts
About this Discussion
147 Replies
128 Participants
otesrepsaj
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing