Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I read that the latest DVD is version 3.30 and when I checked last night. I found out that my car has a software 1.09.

A car built on end of April 2004 and they gave me software of 2003 ?

Should I call Acura to file a complaint ?

Thanks for any advices or comments
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
When did you get the car?

I think it depends on when the latest became available. If it wasn't available until after you got the car (or even shortly before), you wouldn't expect to have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
larchmont said:
When did you get the car?

I think it depends on when the latest became available. If it wasn't available until after you got the car (or even shortly before), you wouldn't expect to have it.
I got my car only 2 weeks ago...
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Then I think you should have the new one. Of course we can't be sure how this was supposed to work, but yeah.

And it's easily solved, one way or the other. I don't think you have to file a complaint or anything like that. What I would do is, call the dealer, tell them what you have, and ask what's the story. Hopefully they give you a straight clear answer, one way or the other -- preferably with the botttom line that they'll just replace it with the new one. If you have the feeling they're not leveling with you, or that they just don't know or whatever, you can press them on it, and take it from there. Like, if they really don't know, tell them to FIND OUT exactly what's the story and when the new one started getting put in, and get back to you about it. (Yes, TELL them to find out. They would owe that to you.) And if that doesn't lead to an answer pretty quickly, maybe contact Acura. But I don't think that should be necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
larchmont said:
Then I think you should have the new one. Of course we can't be sure how this was supposed to work, but yeah.

And it's easily solved, one way or the other. I don't think you have to file a complaint or anything like that. What I would do is, call the dealer, tell them what you have, and ask what's the story. Hopefully they give you a straight clear answer, one way or the other -- preferably with the botttom line that they'll just replace it with the new one. If you have the feeling they're not leveling with you, or that they just don't know or whatever, you can press them on it, and take it from there. Like, if they really don't know, tell them to FIND OUT exactly what's the story and when the new one started getting put in, and get back to you about it. (Yes, TELL them to find out. They would owe that to you.) And if that doesn't lead to an answer pretty quickly, maybe contact Acura. But I don't think that should be necessary.
Thanks larchmont....it is a good idea.

I will give them a call, but unfortunately my dealer has not been leveling with me since day 1. The only reason I get the car from them is because they are the only one around the area that has the silver car that I wanted : (
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Diesel, I think I have the answer -- and it looks like you're OK.

I got curious about the whole thing, so I called my dealership. And they said the new one isn't even available yet! And come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's right -- pretty sure that the one currently still in use is from 2003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
larchmont said:
Diesel, I think I have the answer -- and it looks like you're OK.

I got curious about the whole thing, so I called my dealership. And they said the new one isn't even available yet! And come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's right -- pretty sure that the one currently still in use is from 2003.
Thanks larchmont : )

I will pop open the DVD later and look at the DVD once and for all.
The Acura people told me that 1.09 is the version of the HD, not the DVD
They said the 2004 vehicle should have the version starting with 3.xx

I will look at mine and let you know :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Diesel said:
Thanks larchmont : )

I will pop open the DVD later and look at the DVD once and for all.
The Acura people told me that 1.09 is the version of the HD, not the DVD
They said the 2004 vehicle should have the version starting with 3.xx

I will look at mine and let you know :)
That's correct. I just went through the same thing. The DVD disc tells you what version you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally gather up the courage to open the player and look at the DVD.

Fortunately, it is version 3.30F. :)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Diesel said:
I finally gather up the courage to open the player and look at the DVD.

Fortunately, it is version 3.30F. :)
:woot:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Diesel said:
Shouldn't be 3.30 F ?
Oh wait...your's isn't the current one?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Diesel said:
What's the current one ? I have no idea what version it is.
Doh...I thought you said the current one was 3.30... My mistake.. I'm actually not sure what the current one is... I'll surf around and see if I can get an answer for ya.. All the other navi guys didn't know?

I actually don't have a navi :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
Doh...I thought you said the current one was 3.30... My mistake.. I'm actually not sure what the current one is... I'll surf around and see if I can get an answer for ya.. All the other navi guys didn't know?

I actually don't have a navi :(
Hi TSX'R'US,

Thanks for helping me out. I try the setup button then click INFO
It said software version 1.09, but when I look at the DVD it said
3.30 F. So, I guess its fine ? Though not 100% sure.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Diesel said:
One less things to worry about. Thanks :)
no prob :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
larchmont said:
And I'm totally lost here. :donno:

Do you mean it's different from what was in the "original" TSX's?
Hi larchmont,

I actually pop open the DVD player and the DVD has ver. 3.30F on it.
So, I assume it is 3.30F, but when I called Acura hotline. The Acura tech asked me to go to:

1. "Setup"
2. Select button "4"
3. Click System Info

and it said Software version: 1.0.9

Isn't it weird ???
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top