Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many intangibles to consider when buying a car beyond the specs.

Mitsubishi to recall more vehicles

Mitsubishi Motors has announced plans to recall more than 160,000 vehicles made from 1992 through 1997-the latest in a series of massive product recalls answering a scandal involving covered-up defects in its vehicles for years, as the automaker failed to report them to the Japanese government. Vehicles affected by the new recall include the Lancer and Galant sedans, with the possibility of some U.S. cars affected, although no specifics have been announced. The new recalls are the result of an investigation into the company's operations to restore consumer and shareholder trust. Recently, Mitsubishi announced plans to undergo a "last chance" revival plan, where it will get $4 billion in new funds from investors and the Mitsubishi parent company, cut 22 percent of its global workforce, and close a major assembly plant in Japan.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi EVER!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Hmm.. I wanted an eclipse..back in HS... But afterwards, never even wanted to own one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah the old eclipses are tight but the new ones are ugggggly... plus i always see 16 year old girls driving them, they turned into chick cars

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Yea few years back I almost bought a 2001 Eclipse with 23k 6 speed Cold air intake, exhaust, system and alot of other nice stuff.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I had a Mitsu Montero Sport till we traded it in last year and it got us from Oregon to Georgia with no problem. It was a good SUV but way under powered for a V6. I like our Honda Pilot much better! :)

·
Orangeblood
136 Posts
Round here, the Eclipse is a car with (* Y *). Big fake ones.

Jettas and Beetles are a bit more natural (o)(o).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts