Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im from socal and im new to the TSX scene. just wanted to know a little more info about the tsx and what i should be lookin out for! im planning on trading my wrx for a tsx, but i really want one in stick! what problems do you guys run into?

im a college kid and dont really need a fast car, neither do i race or track so im all about aesthetics. and for some reason the body shape and styling of the TSX really got me. i know its a huge downgrade performance wise but the tsx seems more of a laidback chill car that im looking for. i was wondering if people would straight trade my low mileage bugeye 02 wrx for a 05-07 tsx or if people would want cash on top of my end. and how hard is the stick transmission hard to come by especially in the socal area? although the bluebook says that the tsx is a lot more than my bugeye, i feel that both cars are pretty even.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
im from socal and im new to the TSX scene. just wanted to know a little more info about the tsx and what i should be lookin out for! im planning on trading my wrx for a tsx, but i really want one in stick! what problems do you guys run into?

im a college kid and dont really need a fast car, neither do i race or track so im all about aesthetics. and for some reason the body shape and styling of the TSX really got me. i know its a huge downgrade performance wise but the tsx seems more of a laidback chill car that im looking for. i was wondering if people would straight trade my low mileage bugeye 02 wrx for a 05-07 tsx or if people would want cash on top of my end. and how hard is the stick transmission hard to come by especially in the socal area? although the bluebook says that the tsx is a lot more than my bugeye, i feel that both cars are pretty even.
manual tsxs are rare... well to me it is. It took me 5 months to find a manual TSX. If you just want a manual tsx then take your time. If you're color picky then its gonna be a pain in the ass. I wanted white at first then it took too long so i just grabbed a cgp.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You'll be lucky to find someone to do a straight trade for your WRX. For a 2005+ TSX the WRX is at least 3 years older and most people looking to get out of a TSX aren't looking for a 3+ year older Subaru. The TSX also holds a high resale value which is great when you're looking to sell by not so great when you're looking to buy. I'd look to sell yours privately and have some extra cash saved to add to it and go TSX shopping with that. Like someone already said the 6spd models aren't the easiest to come by so good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I highly recommend the TSX.... The 6-speeds MT is rare and hard to find.... Plenty of 5-speed AT out there, they are fun and you get to chose your favorite color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts