Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searches but couldnt find anything. can somebody tell me if the 2008 generation Civic SI transmission is a direct plug and play in our TSX or do we have to get it customized to make it work?

Was thinking that im better off with a Civic SI tranny since they come with LSD and seem to have better gears than the TSX(At least thats what i heard so correct me if im wrong).

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, from what I've researched on this forum, the si/rsx trannies have a different bolt pattern but the internals are interchangable

·
Registered
99 Posts
It will fit...Won't take much work either...

Just have to sort out the shifter mechanism....

"The 06+ Civic Si tranny would shift upside down if you're using the RSX shifter and cables... The way the Si tranny is set up is similar to the TSX where the forward motion is transmitted from below the pivot point (rather than above as in the RSX and previous 01-05 Civic). Look up the "shifter arm" section of your various Honda/Acura online parts stores and you'll see"

"High frequency type transmission
Found in the 05-06 RSX, TSX and 06-07 Civic Si.
Signal from the speed sensor is at a high frequency.
Speed sensor is at the front of the transmission, from the teeth on 3rd gear.
The signal from the speed sensor goes only to the ECU. The ECU sends a low frequency signal to the gauge cluster."
http://hondata.net/techk20transmissions.html

·
Registered
90 Posts
You should look around for a euro-r trans it comes with better gearing, an lsd and its a direct fit with no mods required.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't fit.
thanks for killing my hopes and dreams

You should look around for a euro-r trans it comes with better gearing, an lsd and its a direct fit with no mods required.
can you give me a little more detail, or if you know anyone else whos already done the swap send me his way

where you located? i'll trade you ur auto for my 6 speed hahaha
are you sure about that? in from the snowy most northern near the canadian border at the midwest, i wouldnt mind doing the swap but why are you so willingly? actually, you have an 05 and i have an 06, i will pass :)

Yea, from what I've researched on this forum, the si/rsx trannies have a different bolt pattern but the internals are interchangable
im a noob so gotta ask, if i were to do a TSX 6speed swap, will i be able to change the internal parts with the Civic Si and get LSD?

"The 06+ Civic Si tranny would shift upside down if you're using the RSX shifter and cables... The way the Si tranny is set up is similar to the TSX where the forward motion is transmitted from below the pivot point (rather than above as in the RSX and previous 01-05 Civic). Look up the "shifter arm" section of your various Honda/Acura online parts stores and you'll see"

The signal from the speed sensor goes only to the ECU. The ECU sends a low frequency signal to the gauge cluster."
Tech - K20 Transmissions
ehhhh... im not familiar with how low / high frequency works, ill have to ask my mechanic tuner to take a look at it and see what he has to say about it. the link you just gave me is helpful but its something completely new to me.

but yes i thought the Civic Si tranny was similar to the TSX, thats why i asked if it fit. since the motors are similar for both cars and i never seen any TSX do the swap

·
Registered
976 Posts

Tech - K20 Transmissions
So it bolts up to the TSX chassis without any issues?

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
why dont you get a jumked tsx and get parts....if you dont feel safe with the tranny just get it rebuilt.... or buy another mt tsx...lol... and you can mod 2 ...

·
Registered
155 Posts
are you sure about that? in from the snowy most northern near the canadian border at the midwest, i wouldnt mind doing the swap but why are you so willingly? actually, you have an 05 and i have an 06, i will pass :)
awww...worth a shot haha...my explanation is i want to get out of the tsx game. my mom likes my car a lot but won't drive a stick and is willing to take over payments if it were auto hahaha. and i'd rather keep the car in the fam cause it still is a good car.

if this helps, my plans were to just swap all the SI transmission internals. if you aren't going to go big on power, the stock LSD is more than enough...

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Not worth the time, money or headache unless you plan on tracking the car.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not worth the time, money or headache unless you plan on tracking the car.
does the 1/4 mile count as a track? also, thinking about going to an actual track to have some fun lap time in the future when i save up.

im either waiting for somebody to get out of the TSX game and trade their MT for my AT, or just fk it and do the conversion myself. :)

i never seen a junkyard TSX before, and if there is one, im sure the motor/tran will be gone ASAP!

·
Addicted
322 Posts
does the 1/4 mile count as a track? also, thinking about going to an actual track to have some fun lap time in the future when i save up.

im either waiting for somebody to get out of the TSX game and trade their MT for my AT, or just fk it and do the conversion myself. :)

i never seen a junkyard TSX before, and if there is one, im sure the motor/tran will be gone ASAP!
1/4 mile does not count as track really... I cant speak for anyone else, but Im talking autocross and such.

yea i think your best bet is to just wait until you find someone who is done with their 6spd. I bought an auto, knowing i wanted a 6spd, but lucky for me, 6 months later i found the 6spd and jumped right on it. patience man, you will find one soon, i assure you

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ yes im being patient, i am officially broke at the moment so im not in a rush on this by any means. i just want research and start making plans on price and parts before i throw my money out there.

also, if i was to do a manual swap, would i need to get rid of my ECU and Immobolizer and remote!? :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts