Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just wrecked my honda fit and was looking into acuras because I hear they are JUST as reliable and have much better performance. Anyways I am talking to a guy on the phone that had posted this TSX up for sale. (link is below)

Now here is what I must get out of this car.

-Last at least 5 years
-Be able to take 80 miles per day (almost all highway) with the occasional 400 mile road trip
-How much is insurance usually for these cars?
-I hear horror stories about acura transmissions would the tranny die on me with this many miles?
-How many miles could this car take on your guy's experience with these cars?
-Anything else I should ask this guy? What should I look at with this car when inspecting it that may be something I wouldn't notice?
-He says he has dealer paperwork because that's where he always took his car too should I trust him?
-And do the tires look good? :D Thanks guys! First Acura purchase!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ice=9000&minPrice=0&listingId=327392480&Log=0

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check the paint my brother bought n 06 and found out later the it had different color black in the back he just finished sueing. Other then that the pictures look good but pictures are always too good to be ture. Make sure you check!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thank you for the reply man! Does this seem like a fair price for the mileage? (I talked him down to 8500 maybe even 8) I need it to last 5 years til I have my money saved up for the new tl model! Thanks!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
car is very reliable and if u do highway mileage u get great MPG, but if u drive 80 miles a day, dats 2400 miles a month and 28,800 a year times that five year, so u will be ending up with nearly 300,000 miles, which is car reliable for but not sure how much it's cost u but i can b sure it wot cost much first 3 years since u will b near 250,000.
well there is guy in this forum who hit problem free 200,000 few weeks ago in NYC and if it can go this much problem in NYC so i say it should go anywhere 300,000 easily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.