Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all Im in the market of getting a used car and this car has joined my list which is really small actually... my question about this car is how is the cargo carrying ability of it? or maybe I should ask what are some of the largest items you have been able to fit inside a tsx?? also, does the driver passenger seat come all the way down?? for sleeping?? also I had one more question I know alot of guys here use roof bike racks I was wondering if any of you have any trunk mounted bike racks?? if so do they offer the type that fold away so you can gain access to your truck?

Thank you

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a 2008 and I find the rear cargo capacity and space pretty generous compared to others that I have driven (Infinity, Lexus, etc.) in the same class. The rear seats are a 60/40 split and they both fold down forward almost flat. One thing about the trunk is that though it's spacious, there is a lip or edge (for lack of a better word) around the bottom and sides that limits the size of what you can actually load from the rear. A lot of other cars have this same limitation.

I have loaded a mountain bike in there (minus the front wheel) easily and a 32-inch LCD TV (with box) separately but not much bigger. I don't really transport much.

The front seats both fold back as far as they can go until they hit the rear seats. I have slept in the passenger seat on a road trip and it was fairly comfy and wide as long as you have some kind of pillow for your head. Plenty of leg room too.

I don't have a roof or trunk-mount rack, only a rear hitch bike rack rack which doesn't get in the way at all in it's normal position. It can fold back if needed. One problem with a rear hitch-mount rack is that it can scrape going in or out of some driveways that are angled. I had mine modified and it isn't a problem even with extremely angled driveways. And it doesn't interfere with the trunk at all. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanx man Yea I had to ask about the seats because on my truck believe it or not the seats don't go all the way down making sleeping impossible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts