Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased my first CL9 and every first 2 mods that we purchase as we all know are Coilovers and wheels. I've been debating whether purchasing 18x10.5 or maybe just toning it down a little bit. If anyone here has ran a set up similar to this one.. Please inform me more about running wider wheels. I've seen multiple people achieve 10.5 but I want to hear from you guys! Advise, Pros, Cons etc. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just purchased my first CL9 and every first 2 mods that we purchase as we all know are Coilovers and wheels. I've been debating whether purchasing 18x10.5 or maybe just toning it down a little bit. If anyone here has ran a set up similar to this one.. Please inform me more about running wider wheels. I've seen multiple people achieve 10.5 but I want to hear from you guys! Advise, Pros, Cons etc. Thank you!

·
Registered
906 Posts
That's a super aggressive set up that will require rolling/pulling fenders, added camber, tucking fender liners, and TONS of adjustment to get it to fit.

My take it that if you have to ask - you're not ready to do the work to make them fit.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What size tire you thinking? 10.5 is 266.7mm wide. i'm running a 17x8 +45 with 235/45/17 on eibach prokit (1.5" drop) and there's barely any room left. maybe a 1/2" clearance between the inside of the tire and the shock, and maybe another 1/4" between the fender and outer tire. I don't rub full lock with passengers. Could probably squeeze in a 245 with the right spacers. 255+ maybe if i went and started pulling/trimming the fender i could get maybe another 1/2", for a total of maybe 1" clearance to squeeze in a 255. is this your daily? That's going to be a lot of work to do in an afternoon. don't expect to start sunday morning and be done before dark. Going to be a lot of back forth, tweaking, massaging, then testing again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts