Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am looking for some throttle boost controller unit, as you know, most Honda/Acura we driven , had some Drive to Wire lag issue at the throttle response.

So I found out these two products. My research was down to these two, cause only them have the correct harness for my CL9 05.

Pivot 3 Drive Throttle Controller and the other one is Shadow E-Drive Advance

Since they different almost 100% in price, I want to ask if anyone here had used either one of them, can share their positive or negative experiences.

Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
They are just masking the issue. Basically it just makes the amount you need to push the gas down for full throttle less, so it makes you think the lag is gone when in fact its not. The only way to remove almost all the lag is to upgrade the TB and Intake mani with a bigger bore size. Which gives the engine more sensitivity to throttle changes. Of course youll need some kind of tuning system to make that run correctly. But otherwise those booster boxes are not worth the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agreed on that, those throttle controller stuff is like a quick fix. But from most of the posts I read, people said that this stuff is great and fun, as it actually make the throttle more responsive to our command, by piggyback the RPM system. Either way, I was thinking to give it a try as it is cheaper than any other upgrades and some of people said that they actually noticed more from this stuff comparing to intake upgrade etc.

So now between those two models, I was thinking which one to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.