Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there is any way to get rid of tthrottle by wire and if so how? My has the TSX and hates that you can't really shift as hard as you want into second and be smooth so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
wow this is a very drastic thing :eek: we are talking about going from "state-of-the-art" computer-control to old-fashion wires....IMO the risk FAR outweights any benefit you're likely to see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I understand that but I was just wondering if there's any way to at least get rid of the shitty shifting that throttle by wire makes.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
use sport-shift??? :donno: thats if your using a/t.

I never really thought the tsx had shitty shifting... but oh well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
lol what!? I have a 6MT and have no problems at all with shifting. Shifting is beautiful and smooth for everyday driving and nice and hard under performance driving. I think every magazine test drive of the TSX will agree.

G

·
Nish, I'm glad you mastered the shifting in the TSX but I have to agree with kj98r, the DBW trottle is not very good. It is very hard to shift correctly. You have to constantly maintain throttle pressure and slip the clutch to get it to shift smoothly and if you get in a panic situation where you have to go all out like to the get out of the way of an oncoming car, the upshift can be violent unless you are also trying to remember to leave some pressure on the gas pedal. You don't think of these things when you are trying to accelarate quickly in such a case.

IB

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You can "un-drive by wire" the CL9 by using the DC5 throttle/ignition system. You'd need the intake plenum and throttle body, acceleration, cable components linked. It's a fairly simple swap but people are going the other way round instead.

Drive-By Wire is a more advanced acceleration system compared to the conventional cable-throttle system. Understanding and adapting will harness the best performance out of the car. Effectively, downgrading your car if you remove this system.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should have mentioned in my first post that it did take me awhile to get used to it. I had a 93 Civic before the TSX and it did take a little while to get used to the feel of drive-by-wire. The bottom-hinged gas pedal felt a little weird at first.

Another thing I noticed is that the gain on the pedal is a bit high... I still find myself revving a bit too high to take off normally from a stand-still (around 1500-1750 rpm) which wasn't a problem in the civic. I remember reading this point in some review on the internet of the TSX as well. I'm slowly getting better at that as well though.

I really think it's just a matter of getting used to it and not necessarily a "shitty shifting" system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think going through the swap is the best way to do it because of down grading. I actually drove the car for the first time last and this weekend and it's not as bad as it felt in the passenger's seat under heavy acceleration. It's very nice while driving normal but I think it could still be smoother from factory while driving hard. Thakns for the help everybody.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts