Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Sales Staff-
The sales guys are very friendly, they do a great job of making you feel like they have your best interests in mind, until you actually sit down to do the paperwork. Right before I signed my contract to purchase, the previously friendly and "on my side" sales person tried to slip in a $2000 fee for the car going thru the certification process. Upon me questioning the fee, his excuse was "Oh, nobody told you that was an extra fee"?. I said "NO, but why are you waiting until I already wasted an hour being here to tell me this?". He says "Hold on, let me see what I can do, I'll go talk to my manager". He comes back and says "My manager says I can waive the fee if you promise to refer some customers to us". :eek:hsnap:

Then the finance manager comes and says I can get 3% APR if I finance through Acura Financial, but I can only get 3% if I get the $2400 extended warranty (from a third party). If I didn't get the warranty the interest jumps to 6%. Keep in mind, I have a 810 credit score so I know my interest rate is much lower. After rolling through his BS and me being stern he comes back with a 2.9% APR. Then he tries to sell me some other add on, to which I shut him down, rather quickly.

2. The Service Department
Worst experience at a dealership, EVER, which is very surprising to me. They do not update you on your car. You have to hunt them down for an update. They tell you they will check on your car and call you back. Two hours later, no phone call. When you call them again, they repeat the I'll call you back and then another two hours later, no phone call. When you ask to speak to the Service Manager, he is "on lunch", even at 4pm, this guy is on "lunch". When you ask to speak to another manager, the receptionist comes on and tries to resolve the issue. When you ask for the manager again, they ask for your number to have them call you. What a total waste of time. They are not customer oriented, they do not make any effort to actually solve the problem you came in for without making you feel dumb. I am not a professional mechanic but I do know what I am talking about and hate the fact that they try to BS me.

I am ASE certified but never followed through on the profession but I do have the technical knowledge to know when I am being BSed. When I asked to drive another similar vehicle to put my mind at ease that the problem is on all models of the TSX and not just mine, they claimed to not have a loaner available, or have a set of dealer plates to put on another car to test drive. What a joke this place is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought the day would come where I find fullah on a car forum outside of nycmax and g35nyc...lulz.
lmaoo whats up dude. yea, I went to the other side but it's been great so far. I originally was looking for an IS250 but this car was such a better bang for the dollar. :king:

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
If you way great service go to park ave Acura in maywood nj...

·
Registered
117 Posts
i brought my car from there and it was a joke to .......... i ran into some issues when my tranny went and it took them 2 weeks to fix it and i didnt get a loaner i would never go there again i do all my work over at acura of valley stream never had a problem since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts