Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tighten fuel cap light is on for some reason... it's not loose or anything... i gotta go get an emission test done by this sat.... and its been on for like 3 days not... what is going on? can i pass emission test with that light on? what can be the problem?

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Weird, this happened to me once before. It came on for a day and the next day it was normal again. And for the emission, I don't think there are any relevance between emission and the fuel cap (tighten) unless I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i may be wrong, but it may fail emissions if that light is on. if the cap isn't tightened properly vapors are probably escaping the tank. im not saying you didnt tighten it but if that particular sensor is being set off it may not matter.

call a local test station and ask before going and finding out the hard way.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Most likely you wont pass, put 20 dollars of gas in and click your gas cap 5 times, go home, pull the negative battery terminal for 10 min (get your radio code if you dont have it) This will reset the ECU and emissions system. Drive it for the rest of the week, if it comes on again then somethings wrong.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Most likely you wont pass, put 20 dollars of gas in and click your gas cap 5 times, go home, pull the negative battery terminal for 10 min (get your radio code if you dont have it) This will reset the ECU and emissions system. Drive it for the rest of the week, if it comes on again then somethings wrong.
What he said, pretty much anything gas related will cause you to fail.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it anyway... And it actually passed... Lol cheers.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Mine has come on a few times. I've noticed it will come on if I go out of town and don't drive my car for days.

everytime I gas up I crank the gas cap down 10+ clicks, no issues thus far :laugh:
Make sure the seal on the gas cap is clean and free from debris as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts