Acura TSX Forum banner

Time for SH-AWD

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TSX69 
#1 ·
I ponder if 2012 will be the year of the SH-AWD TSX? Previously, Acura had promised more variants & thus far has delivered w/ a new TSX in 2009, v6 in 2010 & wagon in 2011.

Long time rival IS250 has always offered AWD and the new G25 does as well ... perhaps this will prompt Acura to make that move? Remember, they did leave enough room for the SH-AWD system just as they left enough room to fit a v6 ....

Discussion starter · #4 ·
U mean RDX?

It would be cool if they made it with the turbo 4cyl from the MDX as well.
I was kind of wondering about the engine choice myself. Let me preface this by saying that I know little about the mechanical side of cars but Acura does seem to like to spread things around to spread the cost.

So, the logical thing to do would be to use the 3.7 engine w/ SH-AWD TSX as that is already used in the TL, RL, ZDX & MDX. However, that would probably overlap an awful lot w/ the TL. So the next logical thing to do would be the turbo i4 from the RDX but that might require a scoop (or whatever it is called) on the hood to make room for the turbo.

They could just keep it w/ the 3.5 engine that is currently in the v6 TSX but then that would be the sole car w/ that combo & thus not as cost effective ...

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Rdx

wow I like the way you guys think. First, I didn't know the MDX was coming with a turbo 4cyl..but if they throw that engine in the TL and put the rdx engine in the tsx..we're golden and I'm ready to trade in..provided it has AWD
I am pretty sure that SinCityTSX meant the RDX ... so far there has been no mention of that engine migrating to other vehicles. Also, the lack of info on any improvements or a 2nd generation lead me to believe that the 2nd generation RDX will not get a turbo but a regular i4 or v6 (probably a hybrid @ some point as well since Honda's diesel plans did not work out).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.