Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Mred/ebony and I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot. I am thinking about getting the windows tinted, but some people have said it will not look as good with tint. What are your opinions?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Dixiegurl996 said:
I just got an Mred/ebony and I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot. I am thinking about getting the windows tinted, but some people have said it will not look as good with tint. What are your opinions?
i thought it's against the law NOT to get tinted in FL ! rrrrrrrrr6

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Personally, I like tinted windows cuz they add a better look to your car...and are great in the summer because the car cools down faster.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tinter is not open on monday so i'll give him a call tuesday and get that done.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Apart from looks, tint cuts out on the exposure to UV, sun and heat rays. That's a bigger concern for me.

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
Guys,

I am also thinking about getting my car windows tinted, but if I don't know anyone in the area how do I tell if the person providing the tinting service is good? Also the dealer had said that if windows are tinted that would void the warranty. Sorry if I am asking a stupid question but what warranty would that be?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I cannot see how tinting can void the warranty on your car. Unless they can prove that the tint did change/cause an adverse reaction to some part/component of your car ... Perhaps then, it's justified. Otherwise, someone is telling you stories.

Most reputable tinters offer lifetime warranty on the tint job. Meaning should it bubble or fail due to whatever reasons. They'd warrant the fault and replace the defect tint free of charge.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Warranty

Hazelnut said:
I am also thinking about getting my car windows tinted, but if I don't know anyone in the area how do I tell if the person providing the tinting service is good? Also the dealer had said that if windows are tinted that would void the warranty. Sorry if I am asking a stupid question but what warranty would that be?
I cannot imagine tinting voiding a warranty bc it is mostly cosmetic. The only thing it might affect is the antenneas on the back windshield if you use the tint w/ metal.

Make sure you ask the tint shop what kind of warranty they have, that should be a good indicator. I went w/ a place that used Llumar which has a lifetime warranty. If I should happen to move, I can call their 1-800 number & they will tell me where the closest Llumar dealer is bc any of them will honor my warranty.

Also, the people who did mine said that if the High Performance level tint I chose, which has metal, affects the Navi or radio reception (which they said it should not) they would replace it w/ the cheaper, non-metal, tint for free. So far, the only difference I notice is that I do not get far away stations as clearly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Get the tint! I trust the professionals in FL, they do millions of tints unlike NJ. I took my TSX on vacation to FL just to get it tinted. Note this is my 3rd car that was tinted in FL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts