Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin drives a 530i, and he recently tinted his windows. However, radio reception was horrible (espicially AM stations), stations which he normally listens to before tinting his windows, all he hears are annoying fuzzy noises. So he took it back to the shop, and the guy told him that its because there is "metallic" material in the tinting "stickers" and that was why it affected radio reception. Any of you heard about this?

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
never heard of dat...but thank you for letting us know

so ur cousin's 530i has intergrated rear glass atenna?

·
Registered
122 Posts
bcmh said:
My cousin drives a 530i, and he recently tinted his windows. However, radio reception was horrible (espicially AM stations), stations which he normally listens to before tinting his windows, all he hears are annoying fuzzy noises. So he took it back to the shop, and the guy told him that its because there is "metallic" material in the tinting "stickers" and that was why it affected radio reception. Any of you heard about this?

I read that on another forum somewhere but I have 50% all around and I don't notice a diff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
tint and radio interference

hello

yes,there is definitely a relation to radio/NAV system interference depending on the type of tint you get and the amount of "metallic particles" in the tint itself.

metallic tint can and does "scramble" or interfere with radio/nav SYSTEMS AND their signals...........

i have read on many other TSX club forums/websites that this appears to be a huge problem ,so be VERY carefully tinting.

also,i have heard that some brands of the "metallic" tint are impossible to remove after a set period of time.

hope this helps

CM
p.s.

if your ride is tinted with metallic tint,and you don't have any interference issues,consider yourself lucky!!!! (we'll start a club just for you people.....LOL)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for all the info maddmax

is there a way to figure out how much "metallic particles" in the tint labels when you bring it to a shop to tint your ride??

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
regular tint won't affect reception, only the metalic ones will like the reflective ones.

It's the same concept as sticking a bug you find on you , like radio tranmitters or trancivers in to a chip bag , of putting your phonme into a chip bag, the metalic suface of the chip bag will block all signals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts