Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to tint my CGP TSX, however I have seen quit a few pictures of this color with tint, and I really don't like it. It just takes the classy shine away from the car. I would consider a very light tint, so I was curious if anyone has done a light tint 35-50% on the CGP and could share the results. Also, have you experienced any interference with your navi reception?
pictures would be appreciated, but comments would help as well.

Thanks alot.
PK

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Maybe you'll like a light shade all the way around. Nice and clean :)
Also, check with your tinter to make sure the film he uses will not interfere with the Navi
I went limo in the back with http://www.llumar.com film, and no problems what so ever :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
it depends on the brand also. Ive got llumar 18% on mine and it's still pretty shiney and reflective.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
why thank you. I still look at it myself and go damn that looks good

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not quite related but - I got the moonroof tinted limo black - it certainly cuts down on the heat inside the car - now my bald spot does not overheat at high noon!! I like to keep the shade open all the time. In retrospect, I could have used a tint one shade lighter.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks the picture helps. Joker aren't you worried about having to remove those front window tints? I've been ticketed for it in the past...I get pulled over for stupid things like having window tint on the front, or no front license plates. I don't know why. But you also have another advantage with those darker rims so the dark tint doesn't seem so drastic.
Does anyone have a picture of light tint on their CGP TSX?

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
soon i'll post my pic, just need to get a digi from my friend...i have CGP w/ all my windows tinted %35 (grayish looking), yes even my front windshield is tinted, all the way, i just like even look from any angle, and in state of FL doesn't require to have a front license plate, so it's pretty koo, it makes it even cleaner look...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Joker aren't you worried about having to remove those front window tints?
The tint on my front windows, and windshield are light enough that I do not get bothered. They are very strict about window tint here as well. It's all about cutting out the UV's :D
Joker - who also tinted his moonroof limo, and wouldn't have it any other way :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts