Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Where's a good place to get tinting done in the Vancouver area? I've had my 2005 TSX PWP for ~1 month and think it's time...

Oh, and any recommendations for % of tint? I don't want it too dark, though.

:donno: :donno:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
eyespy said:
Hi,
Where's a good place to get tinting done in the Vancouver area? I've had my 2005 TSX PWP for ~1 month and think it's time...

Oh, and any recommendations for % of tint? I don't want it too dark, though.

:donno: :donno:
of course I recommend my friend, Larry. hee...

50% all around I say.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
welcome to the club eyespy!

and ya i agree with the 50%..or like 45% if i u can find it..not too dark so you wont get in deeeeeep shit for it, but classy at the same time:)

that's what i would get 1blue1.gif

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm getting mine done this weekend at n-motion

i'll let you know if it's any good lol

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Ya man, what's the legal limits for Van? I still don't know yet.....and dude....let's go tint windows together, and ask them for a deal.....haha......I know another guy in Vancouver who wants to tint too......

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
yes.....for the front passager and driver side window cannot be tinted......but we still do it haha

·
Registered
122 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Ya man, what's the legal limits for Van? I still don't know yet.....and dude....let's go tint windows together, and ask them for a deal.....haha......I know another guy in Vancouver who wants to tint too......

I found a post on revscene from that n-motion place. $129 for back 5 windows, $60 for the front windows.

I have no time to shop around but I called another place and they wanted close to $200 to do the back, so I just decided to go to n-motion.

I'll post up pics once it's been done.

·
needs sleep
146 Posts
Just be aware that N-Motion charges you labour (and tax of course) on top of that.

I'm thinking of going to Larry as soon as the weather is a bit warmer. My sister's Mazda 3 needs to get tinted too.

I've a question for those of you who tinted the fronts. I was reading the forum and some people said it's easy to have scratch marks on the front tints if you roll down/up the windows. Did anyone encounter that problem with work from Larry/N-motion etc.? Do they install a thin strip at the window base to prevent scratching etc?

Thanks.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
kuri said:
Just be aware that N-Motion charges you labour (and tax of course) on top of that.

I'm thinking of going to Larry as soon as the weather is a bit warmer. My sister's Mazda 3 needs to get tinted too.

I've a question for those of you who tinted the fronts. I was reading the forum and some people said it's easy to have scratch marks on the front tints if you roll down/up the windows. Did anyone encounter that problem with work from Larry/N-motion etc.? Do they install a thin strip at the window base to prevent scratching etc?

Thanks.
It depends on luck. Mine is slightly scratched. (barely visible)
To install the thing, u have to talk to the installer for extra money of course, b/c need to take the panel out...

·
Registered
122 Posts
kuri said:

Thanks.
I just talked to someone at n-motion and they don't charge labour on top.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts