Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im giong to tint my tsx, professionaly done of coarse. Ive heard rumors about tint messing up the navi, because of metallic material in the tint, and the antenna on the back winshield. any info on this...? anyone had problems?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would be wary as I and many others have had problems with tinting on the TSX's and Accord Euro's, not because of the antenna interferance problem but because of scratching on the tint. To give you some background, Honda in Australia and I believe Acura in the US too, have warned about tinting the TSX's and Euro's due to their being very little clearance between the door trim and the Window. In many cases this has actually caused the tint to become scratched on repeated openings/closings of the windows. The reason for the low clearance is due to Honda wanting to limit wind noise on the road, I myself had this issue and if you search around you will find both TSX owners as well as Accord Euro owners having the same issue. The way to ensure this doesn't happen is to get your dealer to insert either a felt or a rubber seal on the front windows especially, I had the scratching issue and had to have my front windows retinted earlier this week, they installed a rubber seal to ensure this doesn't happen again, however they most likely will not do this automatically when you first get the car tinted!

Why Honda and Acura didn't follow on the warning to buyers of the TSX/Euro I have no idea, but I know for a fact that this can be an issue on both as they are essentially the same cars. Apparently, according to my dealers service centre manager, some of the professional tint outlets which Acura and Honda use, are developing a thinner tint to ensure that cars with little window/door trim clearance, won't have the same issues again!

Not trying to scare you from getting your car windows tinted, I myself can't live without it especially given my Euro has a black/chrome interior, just giving you a heads up :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The tints akso scratch beacuse the inside of the window does not have bristles liek most cars but rather its just hard plastics. Dust and dirt gets stuck to thish and then it scratches teh tnst so just make sure u clan that too especailly in hot weather. I have no interefrence wit teh navi just make sure its not metalic such as mirror tints.

·
Blakura
55 Posts
yea my tint is scracted. It has all these vertical lines on my tint. It is noticable inside the car but not when viewed from the outside. I really don't care that much since u can't see the scratch from the outside.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
TSXinity said:
yea my tint is scracted. It has all these vertical lines on my tint. It is noticable inside the car but not when viewed from the outside. I really don't care that much since u can't see the scratch from the outside.
Me too.
I rather have those than inviting rattle or more problems by having anyone take the door panel aprt to add the felt strips.

·
Registered
333 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
Me too.
I rather have those than inviting rattle or more problems by having anyone take the door panel aprt to add the felt strips.
I had mine fixed and I haven't had any more rattles, infact they removed a few :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
no problems here. 18% Luminar METALLIC and I randomly checked my nav. It was still communicating with 9 satellites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts