Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all just thought i'd give a headsup.

I'm sure many of you are aware about the jerky ride when going slow and wanting to let out the gas (especially in 1st and 2nd). Sometimes it's as if the gas is suddenly shut off giving a kangaroo motion....driving today i found a very good way of solving this.

when you are going slow in first and second gear and you want top let off the gas tryb blipping the throttle first before you lift off.....the motion should be fairly fast and you don't want the blip to register any increase revs on the tacho....in other words just tap...literally 'tap' the gas and let off. You then get a very smooth deceleration from the car....it's as if you kick the electronics into action.

I've done this everytime now and it works...no more jerking around lol ....give it a go!

Finally all the minor niggles solved - this car is literally perfect now lol. i would suggest making this sticky as i seem to hear a lot about this. Hope this helps people enjoy their TSX!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
This is a chracteristic of the drive-by-wire system. If you double clutch or rev-match upshift and downshift in MT, you'd find this to not be a concern.

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a characteristic that annoys lol...many other drive by wire systems don't exhibit this.

Either way I think you misunderstand my post.

Many times in stop start traffic there are occasion when you want to release the throttle and let the crawl by turning itself over. I found that with the TSX (Accord) if you let out the throttle at say 10mph, most often you will get a kangaroo action which is very very annoying. If you do as i suggest as above this will alieviate the problem.

Noel what you talk about regarding double declutching etc don't apply. the speeds that you're talking about should have no problems with smoothness.....what i am talking about it throttle control when you are going at a very very low speeds......

i am sure some people would come back by saying why not just push in the clutch and lift out of gear etc. I am not saying you shouldn't do that but I am only giving another option to getting a smooth ride at crawling speed. Hope this can help some people

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I must be the only one that doesn't have this concern under whatever driving conditions. :jester:

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
I have that problem, just experienced it on the way home in that 5o'clock traffic. I usually just lift it out of gear with the clutch until my left leg feels like its gonna fall off..then i just deal with the kangaroo action,lol.

i think ill try what your talking about alnug, thanks for the tip.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have to say this is the most annoying thing about this car at low speed. Litteraly annoying and totally unconfortable especially for passengers.

I'll give that a try. thanks for posting this tip.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Yea, I took my TSX in for this. I found out that indeed the fuel injectors are turned off when coasting. So, when you barily get back on the throttle, you get the jerking because of the injectors kicking in again. This was straight from the Acura tech that drove my car with me.

Just a charicteristic of the car...and a sucky one at that. He said unless they start getting a lot of complains about it, not much they can do.

BTW, this (at least for me) dosent happen in only 1st or 2nd, but 3rd and 4th as well.

I'll give your suggestion a try...

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys....any feedback would be appreciated.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I blip the throttle a lot when driving a stick (aka rev-matching), so I can see how this helps with a 6MT. BTW, I don't notice this much with my 5AT, but it does do it a little.

H

·
0 Posts
This is my biggest complaint with the drive-by-wire

After driving an Integra GSR for years, my biggest bitch with the d-b-w throttle is the engine braking under load is way too slow. I know this was probably mapped into the throttle curve to save fuel but when I lift my foot I want full engine braking, e.g. throttle body SHUT. With 10.5:1 compression the dynamic engine braking should be substantially more than we're getting. Anybody know of a way to remap the d-b-w?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts