Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just got an 06 tsx AT and i've been looking to get some extra speed increase on it, read about the i/h/e combo, was looking for some other opinions on what i can do to help the performance a bit :D budget of like erm 1k? already got an injen cai coming in >D

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
i/h/reflash is your best bet to stay under $1000, or if you can pickup a used exhaust that works too, although from what I've heard the 06 exhaust is better flowing in design.

That wont help you hit 200whp though lol.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Another tip if you want to go faster: you should always drive downhill.
going downhill with a TSX is like shaving 1000lbs off the car, you will witness how it feels like driving a civic with a k24 motor in it. but then of course, going downhill is breaking the speedlimit, which your name implies dont do it!! haha

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
do lightweight wheels increase speed?
They increase acceleration, fuel economy and assist in handling due to the fact that there's less rotational mass. They are a worthwhile investment for sure.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
They increase acceleration, fuel economy and assist in handling due to the fact that there's less rotational mass. They are a worthwhile investment for sure.
those are the reasons why i want some new wheels

i wasn't sure if they were a part of the speed op was lookin for. they'll cost a lot more than his budge of 1k tho =\

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
injen cai installed, do feel a bit of a difference already! :D took 4 hrs tho since it was my first time, i was thinkin maybe header then reflash after, any ideas? or opinions on this?

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
injen cai installed, do feel a bit of a difference already! :D took 4 hrs tho since it was my first time, i was thinkin maybe header then reflash after, any ideas? or opinions on this?
If you want to be cheap but still get decent performance, Weapon R is the way to go.

As for the reflash, you should get a 2nd car while you wait for your ECU to get back from Hondata

1 - 11 of 11 Posts