Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one.

I am planning to travel to the east coast in december . So , should I buy tire chains( cable chains) ? Although the tires are all season but I wanted to ask you guys. Also , from where to buy chains and how much should i be paying ?
thanks for your reply.

tsxer.

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
I have been in New England since 1982. Have never needed chains. Your tires and front wheel drive will be fine.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
APOGEE said:
Your tires and front wheel drive will be fine.
Well it all depends on where you go. In our local mountain's on some roads chain's are required (when there is snow).
I'd get them just to be safe :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I've had no problems with my car in the snow...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Probably won't need them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys....your feedback is much appreciated.
i am travelling from california to detroit and then to chicago , boston , NY and a few other places on the east coast .......

tsxer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chains for 225/45/17?

Hi everyone,

We're planning on driving to the snow in Victoria, Australia. I've read reviews that recommend the Accord Euro Luxury (as well as some other cars) as suitable for driving in snow conditions.
However the manual says not to use chains on this size wheel/tyre combo. I used to live in Colorado and never used chains, however in Victoria under certain conditions it is compulsory to fit chains. (Otherwise an expensive fine:eek: )
Has anyone used chains on this tyre/wheel combo?
There appears to be plenty of clearance in the wheel well, and as long as there is no damage to the car, I am not worried about what Honda say in their manual. (Often overly cautious. Thanks to you litigious Yanks :wall: ) :)
Any info would be great.
Thanks
kRaZy

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxer said:
thanks guys....your feedback is much appreciated.
i am travelling from california to detroit and then to chicago , boston , NY and a few other places on the east coast .......

tsxer.
I don't think you'd need chains in any of those places... unless you're planning on going into the Appalachians. In the event the snow gets too deep, even chains wouldn't help, as the low clearance of the car would be the problem.

Driving with chains in some cities is prohibited on paved roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts