Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know the recommended tire pressure is suppose to be 25lbs but even at 25lbs my tires seem lumpy/not completely firm at that pressure. these are OEM rims on some Yoko tires.

What are your tire pressure status'?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
what?
you are waaaaaaaay off.

I'd say recommended is closer to 32-35. if I were you I'd be running 42.
25 is ridiculous, just asking for trouble.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
whered u get 25 from?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could've sworn I saw 25 somewhere! as soon as I read the replies I ran outside and checked the door sticker and you guys are right... :banghead::sport62: I feel dumb now... but THANKS GUYS! Better MPG here I come!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and I believe I got the 25 from when discount tire mounted these tires on my rims...:banghead: pressure had stayed the same since.... I guess I know who I wouldn't count on again. :madfawk:

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
:thumbsup:

Not only will you use less gas now but your TSX will be faster too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I find that 40 is a nice number, the tires are stiffer giving better stability n comfort, auto shifts are far smoother, braking is better as well, acceleration is down a bit but, it's a good trade off i think.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Door jam states 32 PSI front, 30 PSI rear for stock tire sizes. On my 235/40/18, I bumped it up +3 PSI as per Continental for this size for this car. Though I got that info off someone elses post lol. So 35 PSI front, 33 PSI rear.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm running 37 PSI, measured at 15 degree Celsius, all around and I find it to be a good compromise between comfort/performance/fuel economy. I get about 9.8L/100km with 70 city/30 highway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey guys im kind of a noob so dont mind if i ask questions that are pretty simple to answer >< but how do i find out how many psi im running?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^ You have an 08, so you have tire pressure monitoring system. Click the "!" button on the right side of your steering wheel until a picture of a car top down with four tires show up. Then hit Sel under the "!" button. You should see some numbers

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
hey guys im kind of a noob so dont mind if i ask questions that are pretty simple to answer >< but how do i find out how many psi im running?
You can also use a tire pressure gauge. Check the pressure in the morning before driving as the tires heat up after driving and will give an inflated number.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does the tire pressure rise in all the tires more or less equally when driving? Say if I go to a pump station and inflate to say 38PSI, and then check the pressure once the air in the tires has cooled down, would all of them drop down equally to say 35 PSI?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Does the tire pressure rise in all the tires more or less equally when driving? Say if I go to a pump station and inflate to say 38PSI, and then check the pressure once the air in the tires has cooled down, would all of them drop down equally to say 35 PSI?
It's not exact like that everytime. Because I have to drive to fill my tires and they're warm, what I'll do is fill up to like 40 PSI, then drive home and in the morning I'll adjust the pressure then very carefully since I can't add air at that point.

·
Registered
104 Posts
^ You have an 08, so you have tire pressure monitoring system. Click the "!" button on the right side of your steering wheel until a picture of a car top down with four tires show up. Then hit Sel under the "!" button. You should see some numbers
thanks! :]

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Does anyone know the official Acura recommended tire pressure for the TSX version of 18" A-Spec wheels for the TSX? The wheels themselves doesn't matter, I just wanna know what Acura recommends for 18" wheels and I know that new tire pressure is included when you buy the wheels.

I was reading that the TL A-Spec wheels recommend a bump of +4 PSI to the stock 35/32 of TLs, so a total of 39/36. I was thinking Acura would have a new recommendation for TSX's who got the 18" A-Spec wheels as well. I called Continental and they do not have a recommendation like I thought other than the stock door jam.

*edit* I went on Bernardiparts and they list the 07+ TLs at 38/35, so +3. Seems the official instructions differ from what people receive with the wheels. No installation PDF exists on their site for 18" TSX wheels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts