Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Need recommendations on what tire size to get, getting mixed reviews between:

225/40/18
215/45/18
215/40/18

Notes:
Rims: 18x8 +35
Suspension: Lowered, but not looking to tuck. Just sit right.
Would like to avoid fender work if possible.

Questions:
- What would be the best tire size given the information above?
- Would fender work be required? (Roll/Pull?)

Thanks for your input in advance!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
225/40/18 will fit in the front, you'll need to bend the tabs in the fender wells out of the way though. Some tires have wider tread widths than others.
I'm running 225/40/18 Kumho ASX's with 0 issues, but I've also had my fenders rolled, so I have about 1/2'' clearance from the fender regardless.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
You should not have any problem with 225/40/18.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had mine 215/40 OK not rubbing what so ever and not even need to pull guard.
But, I don't think my car drop that low hence I don't have all those obstacles.
My wheels exactly the same spec as what you have.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I figured my problem is sort of relevant to the OP. I'm running the exact same wheel specs with 225/40R18 hankook evo v12 tires lowered to 1 finger gap front and half finger gap rear. Problem is that i'm rubbing only in the rear left but I can't see any obvious areas where the tire is rubbing. I haven't gotten an alignment yet but would more negative camber solve this problem and if so, how much? I only rub on semi large dips in the road and hard corners. On my winter setup, I was running -1 degree camber in the rear and I have since lowered it about 1". Front's have absolutely no clearance issues and can probably go quite a bit lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.