Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Depends. What diameter wheels are you running?
45 is 'right' for 17- 40 for 18 etc.

50 on an 18 would enlarge your overall rolling diameter and slightly affect acceleration, fuel consumption and speedo under reading.

225 will be fine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm thinking ill go with the all season, probably going to be best but what I'm concerned with on changing to the 225 is weather the 225/50/17 will raise the car making it look funny and the 225/45 making the ride not as good and chance for the wheel to be damaged easier....
The 5cm difference won't necessarily make the wheel or tyre more susceptable to damage. They all have slightly different sidewall stiffness, and I would assume (I have little knowledge of all weather/ snow tyres) that winter tyres have stiffer sidewalls than summer performance tyres anyway.
Really. it's only when you go for a much bigger wheel and get down into the 30- 35 sidewalls that you would suffer.
I think 45;s would be fine. The 225 is just more grip.

I have 235 45 17's on mine and the ride is fine, and we have some pretty bumpy roads.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes the difference in diameter between the stock tyre and the 225x 45 is less than 2cm.
Not worth worrying about.
Look here:
http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

... and silver, I have little to no knowledge of all weather tyres. Here it doesn'r snow, it's either sunny and warm or rainy and warm. As long as it grips well, handles well and doesn't aquaplane too much and wears OK, that's it.

There are many on here who could advise you about tyres suitable for Arctic conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.