Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im goin with some summer rims this year, 18''s
i was wondering if you guys got some suggestions on either summer tires or all seasons as I'm going to buy winters as well when sept/oct hits

im thinking of 225/40/18 would be decent enough, just cant decide on the brand/model of the tires now

ive been calling around some places, most places are out of yokohama envigors in that size, have any of you guys used these tires? what about the falkens 912s? any suggestions will be welcomed

thanks!

·
Officially a Whiner
983 Posts
Alot of members here use the 912s, including myself, and found that they are decent tires for the price. They are a bit on the noisy side, but other than that, they work well for everyday street use. Even though they are considered All-Seasons, I would not recommend that you use these for winter.

As for the size, 225/40/18 is fairly standard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had the Falken 912's on my stock rims for 12 months and still have 75% thread left so I think the thread wear is pretty good. I haven't had any issues with them in the rain.

I'm going 18's for this summer and will probably go again with the 912's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the feel of it seems like most TSXers run the 912s eh
im just throwing it out there, no one tried any Yokos? S drives/envigors?

·
Officially a Whiner
983 Posts
so the feel of it seems like most TSXers run the 912s eh
im just throwing it out there, no one tried any Yokos? S drives/envigors?
S-drives were my other choice last year, but they were more expensive and I couldn't justify the extra money for a daily driven vehicle that never gets tracked anyways. :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you don't track then you dont really need anything extremely grippy. Since I stopped tracking the TSX I switched over to Nexen N3000, the tread wear on these is pretty good. Down side is that the sidewall seems kinda weak but not a problem for me since I don't zip around town.

I've had the 912's and they were too noisy for me, but it was grippy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts