Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a new set of Enkie RPF1’s 17x9 +35. I am looking for some good tires for the street and autocross any suggestions on the size and tire?

·
J-Spec
306 Posts
I have Bridgestone RE-71R tires and really like them. They are pretty popular for auto-x and street.
Not that noisy at all, and I'm very sensitive to noise. But I've read that they get noisy when you
get some miles on them. I have 255/40R17 on 17x9 with +45 offset. Light fender rolling required.
You'll never get 255s to fit with +35 offset though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yo Brock, 17x9 + 35 and a 255 tire is definitely doable. Tons of people running that, and also 18x9 +35 with a 255/35. Will need a full roll, relocation of the rear bumper screw, and possibly a hair more camber than stock settings.

·
J-Spec
306 Posts
TSXXXX said:
Yo Brock, 17x9 + 35 and a 255 tire is definitely doable. Tons of people running that, and also 18x9 +35 with a 255/35. Will need a full roll, relocation of the rear bumper screw, and possibly a hair more camber than stock settings.
Any pics or posts of a TSX with said "full roll"?

A 17x9 with +35 offset and 255s will result in unused space on the inside. If 255s with +35 offset will fit,
then 265s with +40 offset will fit with the same "full roll". I sure would like to run wider tires.

·
Registered
673 Posts
When I say full roll, I mean the inner edge is rolled almost flat on the quarter panel, and rolled a good way down the front of the fender arch. That's how I ended up doing mine.

You're definitely right about some unused space on the inside and I can tell you're an all business/function guy but there are definitely people running 255's on 9 wides with lower than 40 offsets. I'd hop onto the FB groups and find some pics but I roll my eyes at the majority of what I see there anymore. I can't say I see alot people running 265's but then again the VAST majority of newer TSX owners now are running 225's or skinnier.

I recently attempted to buy a set of 18x9 +29 RG2's but they were already sold. I was planning on a 255/35 tire too. 17x9 in a mid 30's offset sounds so appealing too just for the extra sidewall but I was so set on those RG2's :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
TSXXXX
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing