Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a new set of Enkie RPF1’s 17x9 +35. I am looking for some good tires for the street and autocross any suggestions on the size and tire?

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
I have Bridgestone RE-71R tires and really like them. They are pretty popular for auto-x and street.
Not that noisy at all, and I'm very sensitive to noise. But I've read that they get noisy when you
get some miles on them. I have 255/40R17 on 17x9 with +45 offset. Light fender rolling required.
You'll never get 255s to fit with +35 offset though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yo Brock, 17x9 + 35 and a 255 tire is definitely doable. Tons of people running that, and also 18x9 +35 with a 255/35. Will need a full roll, relocation of the rear bumper screw, and possibly a hair more camber than stock settings.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
TSXXXX said:
Yo Brock, 17x9 + 35 and a 255 tire is definitely doable. Tons of people running that, and also 18x9 +35 with a 255/35. Will need a full roll, relocation of the rear bumper screw, and possibly a hair more camber than stock settings.
Any pics or posts of a TSX with said "full roll"?

A 17x9 with +35 offset and 255s will result in unused space on the inside. If 255s with +35 offset will fit,
then 265s with +40 offset will fit with the same "full roll". I sure would like to run wider tires.

·
Registered
707 Posts
When I say full roll, I mean the inner edge is rolled almost flat on the quarter panel, and rolled a good way down the front of the fender arch. That's how I ended up doing mine.

You're definitely right about some unused space on the inside and I can tell you're an all business/function guy but there are definitely people running 255's on 9 wides with lower than 40 offsets. I'd hop onto the FB groups and find some pics but I roll my eyes at the majority of what I see there anymore. I can't say I see alot people running 265's but then again the VAST majority of newer TSX owners now are running 225's or skinnier.

I recently attempted to buy a set of 18x9 +29 RG2's but they were already sold. I was planning on a 255/35 tire too. 17x9 in a mid 30's offset sounds so appealing too just for the extra sidewall but I was so set on those RG2's :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts