Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am 32.5k miles and the dealer mentioned that I have about 2/32" left on the tires...they offered Nexum (spelling?) tires for $550, and it seems like a good deal they also offered stock tires for $1040. Have you had any experience with these tires? There are a bunch of shops near here such as Discount Tire, etc. Opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
What are you looking for in a tire?

We would recommend checking with your local Discount Tire store and have a conversation with them as to what would be the best tire for your conditions and driving habits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys,

I am 32.5k miles and the dealer mentioned that I have about 2/32" left on the tires...they offered Nexum (spelling?) tires for $550, and it seems like a good deal they also offered stock tires for $1040. Have you had any experience with these tires? There are a bunch of shops near here such as Discount Tire, etc. Opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Buy your tires from Discount Tire, no matter what you do. They are outstanding, plus they have the best customer service around. I would recommend going with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tire. They are terrific all season tires that have excellent wet and dry performance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Buy your tires from Discount Tire, no matter what you do. They are outstanding, plus they have the best customer service around. I would recommend going with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tire. They are terrific all season tires that have excellent wet and dry performance.
Don't get these pieces of crap. I had some that I had on my car for 18 months, I did put on about 29000 miles on them, but all 4 of them had cracked in sidewalls that were all leaking air. One was so bad it had a hold it in.

Michelin P/S All Seasons are what I have now and they are SUPERIOR. They ride smoother, quieter, have better traction, the car steers faster and more nimble. It is a no brainer, get the Michelins as they are by far the best tire you can get. You get what you pay for when you buy Michelin.

Discount tire honored the 50000 mile warranty the DWS tires had and gave me a $500 credit toward the Michelins. They took no prisoners on the price they charged for the Michelins though, so I guess they did well selling me 2 sets of tires since I am sure they will get some compensation from Continental.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Don't get these pieces of crap. I had some that I had on my car for 18 months, I did put on about 29000 miles on them, but all 4 of them had cracked in sidewalls that were all leaking air. One was so bad it had a hold it in.

Michelin P/S All Seasons are what I have now and they are SUPERIOR. They ride smoother, quieter, have better traction, the car steers faster and more nimble. It is a no brainer, get the Michelins as they are by far the best tire you can get. You get what you pay for when you buy Michelin.

Discount tire honored the 50000 mile warranty the DWS tires had and gave me a $500 credit toward the Michelins. They took no prisoners on the price they charged for the Michelins though, so I guess they did well selling me 2 sets of tires since I am sure they will get some compensation from Continental.
When researching tires I decided against the conti DWS due to the complaints on side cracking. Ended up with Yokohama Avird Envigor tires. I ended up buying the tires from a Honda dealer. Total price which included a alignment was $100.00 leas than discount tiré. The closest DT to me is 130 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts