Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
You need at least 215/50/17. The load rating in a smaller size will be insufficient for the TSX. Anything less is too thin and, thereby, unsafe.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G XE with Beats Audio using AutoGuide App

· VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
You need at least 215/50/17. The load rating in a smaller size will be insufficient for the TSX. Anything less is too thin and, thereby, unsafe.

????

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
427 Posts
it'll fit. and since the sidewall is smaller, you'll feel the road more. shouldn't be any problems, i had 45 series on my stock wheels and they were good.. untill they wore down, i hit a pothole and got a misquito bite ( bubble) on them.

· Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
Not unsafe. It just makes your speedo incorrect. You can run 45 series if you want. It's not a big difference.
While this is also true, it does affect load rating, as well--hence my comment regarding safety. This is exacerbated by any sizeable drop (i.e. beyond .75"-1"). Just be careful going smaller.

· Registered
347 Posts
215/45 is about 3.3% smaller in circumference and the recommendation is not to be off by more than 2%.

I considered it when buying winter tires as there are tonnes of this size on Craigslist but ended up with 225/45s instead. Rather have an accurate speedometer than save just a few bucks.

· Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I had falken 225/45 on my tl wheels and they were stretched and smaller diameter then OEM size on OEM wheels. OEM size is 215/50/17. Mostly will hurt the speedometer. Use a tire diameter calculator to see the difference in sizes, like 1010tires.com or something like that.

Sent from my Rooted HTC ReZound 4gLTE

· Banned
180 Posts
I had the same tires, ride was a bit harsher then stock.

I had falken 225/45 on my tl wheels and they were stretched and smaller diameter then OEM size on OEM wheels. OEM size is 215/50/17 cheap tires. Mostly will hurt the speedometer. Use a tire diameter calculator to see the difference in sizes fast cars, like 1010tires.com or something like that.

· Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I had falken 512s and they sucked. I'm running Michelin pilot sport a/s plus now with 245/45/17rears and 255/40/17fronts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.