Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a neat TL commercial for the first time during NCAA games this last weekend. It had a guy in a remote area looking for the nearest hotel and then dialling the number all with voice commands. The reservation's lady then asked if he needed directions and he said something like "no, I have it covered" while he was being directed by the nav system.

I just love the navi on my TSX. Both the voice commands and the general navigation work like a charm. I especially love how it automaticly re-routes after you deviate from the navi chosen course. A friend of mine with a 03 Accord about wet himself when he saw that on a drive to job site with me. He certainly wishes he bought one with a navi.

I wouldn't mind having the bluetooth functionality of the TL, but I love my TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Ditto! ;)

I thought I'd messed up by not waiting for the TL, but whenever I see one, I still prefer my TSX.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Cool commercial. (I love the music in that commercial).

If anyone is interested, here's the company that Acura hires for some of their commercials:

http://www.rpa.com/what_weve_done/index.html
(Requires some info from you but they pretty much take anything)

The commercial is called "Satellite". You can also view other cool Honda/Acura commercials, like the one where the road is being created just in front of the TL. It's called "Roads". Enjoy. :popcorn:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Just saw that TL "Money" commercial. Is it just me, or is that guy driving lousy?

They show a guy driving in a TL on a 2-lane highway, right behind a truck with money flying out the back of it, right at him. And he's staying right behind the truck for a while -- why, I had no idea -- until eventually he passes the truck. I guess the idea is, he loves driving the TL so much that he won't even stop to get some of the money.

But the only thing I could think of was, Is that how anybody passes a truck? Or any vehicle, but especially a truck. I don't usually view commercials critically like that, but the reason this caught me was that it seemed like such ridiculous driving. I would have thought you had to hang back -- for two reasons: To be able to see around the truck, and to be able to get up a head of steam before passing.

Being right behind him with the bills flying at you, then passing? That's just lousy driving. :donno:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
I don't think that's one of Acura's better commercials.

You are right about the intention of the commercial. It ends with "You could stop. You just don't want to". The driver looks paranoid from the get go, fighting the urges, and seems to hesistate making a decision.

You could also tell when he does decide to pass, he couldn't see past the truck because he was following it too closely. He leans toward his left, and takes a good look before passing.

Definitely need to leave more room for passing OR pass when you have lots of momentum (acceleration).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts