Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 TL automatic loaner while the tsx is at the dealer.

I want my tsx back!

I'm actually surprised how much I am biased toward the tsx in a few short months. Have I become a tsx snob?

That TL's V-6 is smooth though. But overall driving experience is just not the same. :mardi: I mean if I went to purchase a new car today, I don't think I would take the TL over the TSX even without the price difference. And I have 2 kids, so while that extra room would be nice, the bottom line is that we can still fit all 4 of us in the TSX and I'm a happier driver.

I remember reading a similar opinion (tl = not all that great handling) from some others here (or somewhere) and not fully buying into it at the time. But I doubt just about everything I read the first few times...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
studdly said:
I bet you didn't mind the torque improvement of the TL ;)
smooth and powerful. and alright i was a little overboard there...

I did take it out again and was thinking about the part i wrote about taking a TSX over a TL even if they were the same amount of money - and to clarify - really should be saying that imho I'm not sure I would pay the additional for the TL.

btw, the loaner reeks of smoke after only 4,000 miles which (for me) doesn't help the whole experience with this particular car either...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
The loaners I've gotten from Acura was an old '03 TL which felt like it was falling apart and rattles everywhere. Step on the gas and it has this awful groan/grinding sound. It was funny. Only 37k miles on that TL and its already out live its usefulness.:laugh:

Other than that, I haven't really got to drive the TL that much. I drove a TL at a GM Test Drive event last Fall. It was pretty good, accelerates nicely, corners and handles quite well, but the steering wheel is ugly.

I'd still rather have my TSX over a TL. The V6 in the TL is nice, but its the problem is that its a SOHC. :slant:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude, I'm just glad your signature video clip found a way to get on one of my threads.

not that I don't read and appreciate what you write, but hey.... :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hmm, yeah all ive gotten is RSXes, lol and damn NY wont give em to me, only to my parents untill im 21, so dad has to drive a Bast RSX AT, and Im stuck in a lousy Porsche Carrera Cabriolet 6MT...oh the Hardships of a loner car

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
Hmm, yeah all ive gotten is RSXes, lol and damn NY wont give em to me, only to my parents untill im 21, so dad has to drive a Bast RSX AT, and Im stuck in a lousy Porsche Carrera Cabriolet 6MT...oh the Hardships of a loner car
no sympathy for you MR :sport62:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts