Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to have the switchblade, but really don't think its worth the $200.

Who has it, and would you buy it again?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paid 110 for the switchblade and my local Acura dealer cut and programmed it for 60 so it wasnt too bad for me. But I like having the switchblade over a key and remote and its cool too.

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a accord fob key if you want to do the DIY
I was looking at those, but would rather have the Switchblade. Thanks though!!

its like $150 something with HeelToe right now and that key is sexy!

Ya, its not to to bad, but don't know if I can justify spending that much for a key..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well i have it and the key is nice, mind you i didnt purchase from Heeltoe but i paid close to $150 for it. It was cool and awesome for the first few months and then buyers remorse kicked in haha.

At least I dont have to carry the ugly Acura key fob anymore.

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^

Thats the only thing I like about it.

But I love my key and fob because I use two different sets of keys pretty much every day. One set has my Key and Fob with my FireFighting Job, and the other set has my Key and Fob to the part time store I work at..

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I have the Accord key fob and I love not having two separate things to carry. However, I did mine the cheap way. I bought a used Accord key fob on eBay, hacked up one of my stock keys, and transferred the key and immobilizer chip over. I'd never pay anywhere close to $200 just for a key upgrade. I'd have to already have every other mod I wanted first.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I love mine, and I only paid 140$ new for it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Switchblade keys are damn nice, it's up to you if you want to spend that much.

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really want one, but there are so many other good parts for $150.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a knock off on ebay that was a slightly different style for $60 but the key bent the first time I used it. I sent it back and they sent me a TL key milled down, instead. WAY better and only cost me $60 plus $30 to cut and program it (I know someone at the dealer).

I also got to keep the blade part of the cheap key. Which, because it is flat, I keep in my wallet. Works well as a backup or if I want to play music without my car being able to start (no immobilizer).

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Makes the car feel nicer. This fob should have come stock. Looks cool on a key chain too haha

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I would say it's worth it but I already have a 2-way aftermarket remote starter fob. So getting the switchblade would mean carrying around 2 huge remotes lol. I remember seeing a video on youtube where the person was able to use his oem switchblade key with an aftermarket remote start/alarm system. That would be really cool

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I would say if you are asking the question, then you shouldn't get it. I paid it and love it, but enjoy the style due to having a VW before. Does it make the car faster or better no.... Do I look back and reget it...NO!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Most overpriced essentially useless mod. But do I love it? Hell yeah, that is one sexy key! And I have my 2way pager and this thing and a bunch of other keys and I have no issue with size but then again I like my keys heavy as it serves as a reminder of where they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still debating! Maybe one day in the future. I would like to have it, just hard to spend $200 on a key.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts