Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fam, i recently saw Rngo219's flip key mod where he swapped the Acura "A" logo on the back of the fob to a Honda "H"

heres the link to the OP its post #732
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/43258-most-unique-mod-s-49.html#post926213

Now i have been trying to do this mod with my spare TL fobs that i have leftover from my attempts to do the DIY before hopping on the HeelToe TL-S Switchblade Group Buy with no luck as i wanted a very genuine looking final product.

Anyways i started searching high and low, near and far and i have stumbled upon a guy in India who owns a Key Duplicating shop and he has these :)

Ive been in touch with him via facebook and im trying to see if he will sell me just the plastic housing without the buttons or electronics to keep the cost low, i am waiting to hear baclk from him but i figured i would ask if any of you would be interested in a mod like this, i told him that if he sells me one and i like the quality then i might be interested in buying more. So i am seeing if anyone other than myself is interested in a mod like this. post your interest and opinions in this thread :p

~De5

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like theres lots of views but not much interest. I still have not heard back from the guy so I dont know anything about the price for this but if i find more info out ill post it in here

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys, so heres the deal, i found a guy in the UK on ebay with the 3 button + Panic button remotes, back of the fob has the honda H logo, i got 2 of these and i managed to get the guy down to 11.50 GBP a piece, it came out to be like 40-45 USD shipped i forgot exactly what it was but ill update the info when i check, i ordered 2 because i didnt know how the quality is going to be. anyways i just got them in today, the quality is pretty good and the swap is pretty straight forward, you might have to mix and match OEM Acura fob parts with the aftermarket Honda shell but heres what mines looks like

i also found a kool looking remote wallet while researching so i got it as well.

i will post the link to the dudes ebay auction so you guys can buy the fobs for yourselves :)

~De5

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha i saw the same india guy one too while doing my search when i was doing my H logo/badge on my key.
but i couldnt wait so i just bought the ebay one and made it fit lol
heh hey Rngo219 yeah i actually talked to the dude on facebook except his response time is super slow, so i browsed around some more and found the dude in UK. anywho heres the linky to the auction my dudes !!!

Replacement 3 1 Panic Button Flip Key Fob Case for Honda Accord Odyssey Remote | eBay

Enjoy :)

~De5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.