261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
i used my stock tsx brake lines.

oh heads up/ note for wheel fitment
stock 06 wheels 17x7 +55 i needed 25mm spacers
my summer wheels 18x7.5 +45 i needed 15mm spacers and its pretty tight

sharing some info. when i have more time ill do a writeup on my experience with the conversion. pretty
simple
Hey!

Thanks for the post.
How did you go about this swap?

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey!

Thanks for the post.
How did you go about this swap?

Thanks
Here's my shopping list
-BigSert to make the bolt hole smaller, then it's a direct bolton
-TL-S caliper
-S2000 rotor
-aftermarket Hawk HPS pads, pretty decently cheap for daily
-project kics 15mm or 25mm spacer depending on wheels
-oem brake lines just bolts up, was going to do the stainless but i thought whatever...it's my daily, i have my track car already :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
oh i did see someone trying to get a aftermarket company to make a 2pc rotor, S2000 hub/hat with TL-S diameter rotor. But for 700-900 for that custom rotor vs the S2000 stock rotor for 120-150/pair it's hard to justify. I mean it'd be nice to use the full brake pad on a bigger rotor but .... 120-150bux is hard to beat, specially a daily street car that i'm not doing any track time with.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The upside of using the "correct" rotors (and knuckles) is not having to use spacers on the wheels. I never did get around to sourcing/spec'ing 2-piece rotors/hats for this yet. I think ultimately the best solution is what AWOC did, which is use the full TL setup, and get adjustable upper A-arms to correct any camber issues that might arise.

·
Team HD
355 Posts
Few people have gone through the effort of swapping to TL-S spindles, and there has been debate of the negative effects it may have on suspension tuning.

BUT GOOD NEWS FOR US ALL!!! Racingbrake has set the example and made a two piece rotor compatible for use with our stock spindles and TL-S calipers. This is made for the 8th gen civic si but as you may know from the start of this thread we have adopted the same issues as they, so hopefully this will be the answer we have been waiting for.

Who's first?

Two-piece rotor (Open Slot) - Honda Civic Si w/TL Brembo caliper

·
Registered
113 Posts
new balljoints needed too I think

Although it looks like the TL takes a larger ball joint from the images here, they both have the same part number, so they must be the same size. But as previously mentioned the TL lower control arm is longer (e.g. more outboard?) in the left-right dimension than the TSX, so they are not interchangable generally. I believe you should retain the TSX lower control arm, though you will likely need adjustable upper A-arms to correct any camber issues.

·
-
1,581 Posts

·
-
1,581 Posts
Well that is excellent info and the video by Dayaftertomorrow.

It looks like using the TL spindle and the shorter TL upper control arm is the way to go.

Many small parts needed but, as was mentioned, all readily available OEM parts.

The static alignment doesn't look too bad at all with the TL front suspension parts installed.

As was mentioned in the other thread, adjustable lower rear camber arms or adjustable upper rear control arm will correct the rear camber issues.

Great job!

·
-
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is great info, thanks @dayaftertomorro !

261 - 280 of 280 Posts